Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ones the Herp shop & myself have been selling for some years come with the option of velcro or brackets (usually consisting of both together).

Last edited:
chris1 i use one like yours for my brown tree snake's cage, the surface gets very hot, so put it out of reach.... they are in my opinion quite innefficient in comparison to ceramics... which is why i only have one!

The panels only get moderately hot, nowhere near the heat of a light globe or ceramic. Infact i can hold my hand on a 50W panel for a minute or so when turned on. When mounted to the roof they are perfectly fine because the animals can't rest upon them or coil around them like they do other heat sources (matts, tape, lights etc) so they are safe from burns and no safety caging is needed.

I have quotes from Pro-Panel which I can pm to anyone who wants them. I was keen on the Pro-panel units & they are possibly the best, but the cost of the 240volt units was prohibitive. You can get the 120volt units & use a step down transformer if you like.

I ended up getting the ones from Thermofilm in Melbourne. I have been using the Thermofilm 160watt units with dimming thermostat in some of my larger cages for a year now & cannot fault them.

Unfortunately they no longer make the 100watt units, so I opted for the 160watt units which are $99 each including delivery. And I live 1000km from Melbourne!!

The staff were more than helpful & even rivetted small mounting tabs onto the units at no extra cost.
Thermofilm (03) 9562 3455 ask for Shannon in sales.

Keep your money in Australia,

Col J.

Last edited:
Thermofilm will do a run of 100watt units but they will only do a minumum of 500 at a time.

ANIMAL ATTRACTIONS IS NOW SELLING HEAT PANELS, i purchased 2 recently paid $6.00 postage and had them 2 days later.
i havent set them up yet but will shortly

iam curently converting all my enclosers to heat panels 900x900x600 enclosures , iam useing ultratherm vivarium basking plate 40 watts i buy mine from everything reptile in brisbane I highly recomend these . cheers

http://www.thermofilm.com.au/pdf/DRYZONE.pdf

this is the product that arrived, it sounds good enough,...can it be mounted on the roof or does it have to be on a wall?

DL - http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-herps/radiant-panel-heaters-81185

if you look @ Ewans post and click on his blog, then @ the bottom go to older posts you'll see the panels in use.

THanks Ewan, the pics are great, hope u dont mind me posting the link!! :)

Not a worry at all mate that's what they are there for. Thanks for the props.

iam curently converting all my enclosers to heat panels 900x900x600 enclosures , iam useing ultratherm vivarium basking plate 40 watts i buy mine from everything reptile in brisbane I highly recomend these . cheers

gozz - do they feel really hot to touch like some brands? Also how do they compare in price to others? Do you think they would work in a 1200x500x500 or would they be too cool (as the animalattraction ones are only 50W)? I like the idea that they are a lower wattage...

Sorry for so many questions but I'm interested in switching to heat panels too and am trying to figure out which type to go with ;).
We had another power out yesterday and blew 4 IR globes and a ceramic :x with the amount of globes I'm currently going through I think they will pay for themselves quite quickly.

Cheers
Lauren :)

gozz - do they feel really hot to touch like some brands? Also how do they compare in price to others? Do you think they would work in a 1200x500x500 or would they be too cool (as the animalattraction ones are only 50W)? I like the idea that they are a lower wattage...

Sorry for so many questions but I'm interested in switching to heat panels too and am trying to figure out which type to go with ;).
We had another power out yesterday and blew 4 IR globes and a ceramic :x with the amount of globes I'm currently going through I think they will pay for themselves quite quickly.

Cheers
Lauren :)
Lauren they do not get really hot like some brands and are insulated so on top of the enclouser you can not feel the heat comming through. I use a low wattate because i have made my enclousers to have a perch that is high and close to the panel so the snake can go close or as far away as they like.40 watts is all i use and works fine for me. And i dont see why it wont work for your encloser. As for price they were 120 dollars each .

Don't know if you guys missed my post, but the thermofilm ones are $99 each including delivery. I use them in 4 x 2 x 2 and 6 x 2 x 2 & its plenty of heat even mid-winter.

Col J.

I think the herp shop discontinued the radient heat panels?

They did when their supplier stopped shipping them but they will have a new line out soon. The new ones are sourced through Habistat. They are designed specifically for reptiles and consistently get good reviews in the UK and Europe. Next time I talk to Brian I will find out when the shipment with these panels is due.

My father in law is coming over from the UK in about 2 months, I might get him to bring a couple over with him, at ÂŁ30 ($62) they are an absolute bargain.

These are the ones that the Herp Shop will have available real soon now. They will be competitively priced, possibly even cheaper than the ones the Herp Shop used to carry

Radiator72.jpg

reptileradiator2.jpg

Habistat Reptile Radiator.
bullet.gif
To provide a light free basking hotspot
bullet.gif
Provide Background heat for a medium to large vivarium
bullet.gif
Heat a kennel, cattery or bird brooder
bullet.gif
Heat a hospital or convalescent area
bullet.gif
Mount above a door or window to eliminate cold draughts Reptile Radiators are new higher powered heaters from Habistat. They replace the Power Plate and while they maintain the advantages of the old heater, substantial technical improvements have been added. Purpose designed as an animal heater, the Habistat Reptile Radiator will not harm animals, people or fittings if mounted properly. It is specifically designed to direct most of its heat out through the lower, radiating face. Protective insulation minimises the heating of the upper, mounting site. At the same time, even the hottest surface, that which heats the cage, is not so hot that it will instantly burn animals or humans.
Carbon Element heater construction gives incredible reliability. This is the same technology that powers Habistat Heatmats. This hot new heater creates an optimal heat density - 75 watts of heat spread over 650 cm3. Most of the heat generated is directed out from the lower surface and the mounting side tends to run at significantly cooler temperatures. It is therefore safer and very economical to run.
download.gif

I'm very keen on those and look forward to seeing what price you will be doing them for.

any news on the above heat panels?

They are in but not on the web site yet. Just between you and me I think there is a good chance they will be on the site as the the August special at an introductory "not to be missed" price.

I will send Brian a reminder that people are waiting for them to go up.

You could also give him a call, just remember to leave a phone number when leave a message on 03) 9363 6841.

Would love to see some data on them such as what temps can be reached at different distances such as 300,400,500 and 600mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back