Problem editing posts - Original content duplicated

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
For a little while now (a few weeks or so), when posts are edited the system automatically inserts a prefix to the updated text, which can be good because it shows the changes made to the post. The problem is though, it tends to "double-post" the previous content also, which can make posts rather bloated, particularly when people are multi quoting/editing.

Here is an example of what I mean:

Mary had a little lamb.

Mary had a little lamb.

- - - Updated - - -

Mary had a little lamb that got eaten by my scrubbie, and now she wants to sue me. Do you think she is related to anyone we know ? :lol:

In that instance, it doesn't look so bad because there was very little original text. However, if the original text is quite large, when duplicated it can be quite annoying.

Yeah, this isn't a biggie (and when it happens to me I just go in and cut it out), but perhaps there is a quick code change that can fix it ?

Send this to Adam (Administrator) in the support centre and he may be able to help sort it out Rob

Done. Cheers Colin !

Photos I posted in the gardening thread duplicated 4 times. But I managed to edit my post and delete the copies.

But I managed to edit my post and delete the copies.

I do the same, though it appears not everyone knows how to do this, or perhaps they just don't care.

I believe I may have resolved the issue. Can you please try again and let me know if it keeps occurring?

Hey admin, on tapatalk as i went to click into the post he linked, he wouldnt let me,It happens with all of the linked posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back