problems with pink tongue skink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i done everything by the book and she ends up getting sick..i must of missed something that made her like this.

Without knowing all the specifics, I can't comment on what you should or shouldn't have done. But if they are saying put her down, and she can't move and won't eat, then it sounds as though the right thing to do by the animal is to put it down, regardless of how bad you feel about it. Sometimes the right decision isn't the easy decision. Feeling guilty about what you could have done won't make her better at this point. Sorry :(

thanks kristy. whats the most humane way of doing it. if your reptile needed the best way out what would you do?

Geez, I really don't know. I haven't had to do it before... If can't take it to the vet, probably spinal chord separation. Google it. Failing that... I just don't know. Maybe start a thread explaining and ask others? You'll cop some flack, but there might be one or two viable answers amongst the crap. Sorry, mate. Are you fairly young? Either way, maybe find out a good way, and then ask someone else to do it for you :(

Sounds as if you should have put her down a long time ago...

Best to get a vet to do it if you aren't confident as that will be best for the animal. Other than that I recommend a sharp, heavy wack on the head.. I had to euthanase a sandswimmer of mine and gave it a good solid flick on the head and it was lights out, but your skink is probably a bit bigger so you may need to use a hammer or something. Don't be hesitant, you need to be very confident to ensure you do it right.

sad day today. my pink tongue hermione was put down, R.I.P my little friend i will miss you lots.

So sorry to hear that mate... lost my blue tongue, Arby, just this weekend. It's never easy but at least you got to make the decision and give the last act of kindness to put Hermione down - I would have given anything to have had the opportunity to offer that to my bluey.
RIP :(

Thanks ladyJ, it was a hard day. The reptile room isn't the same now.

I know what you mean... sounds like you have a few other herps to busy yourself with though - certainly helped me.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back