Puffs new home

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bitey

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A while ago we had to separate our two little ones as mine ( Puff ) was bullying the other one :(, he/she was put in a smaller tank for a while but now that I have almost completed setting up his/her permanent home ( I still want to get a decent background and a batten type uv light ) I thought I would post a few pickies of it.
It has half sand half carpet substrate he/she seems to like digging in the sand :rolleyes:, also I have shown a pick of his/her brother/sister to show how much bigger mine is compared to firedragons that has been bullied and eats very little :(.
These two are from Saz out of the Brat x Oscar clutch and are:D
Any ideas on how I can improve Puffs home would be appreciated
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Attachments

• beard 001.jpg
    beard 001.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 106
  • beard 003.jpg
    beard 003.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 81
  • beard 010.jpg
    beard 010.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 76
  • beard.jpg
    beard.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 106
looks very nice, i personally would use sand, rather slate or ceramic tile. i would try get some siften childrens play sand next time (silicia free) as what i have read tells me the 'red desert sand' is somewhat calcium based naturally (this is why it hardens when wet (cal-crete) very dangerous)

you will want a batten Uv. a reptisun 8.0 or 10.0 herpshop or your local pet store may have them. get him/her witin 20cm of it when basking, the compacts last around 2 months, and can emit dangerous levels of UVC. not good.

sure can see the size difference, VERY happy to see you seperated.

Yeah they look heaps better in here than in the snake enclosures, cheers;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back