Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckoboy

Reaction score
Well i finally got my first python and he's a ripper he's a spotted python. He's just like any other python he eats fine and he poos and everything. But here's the problem when i'm holding him he's fine but then he has these random spas outs where he just go nuts he [?slithers?][?runs?] really fast but he doesn't strike and he'll be [?slithering?][?runing?] in the same spot like he's on a mission. But there's nothing there, and when he has them it isn't caused by sudden movement or any distraction it's just how it was when i got him out.

When u handle him, how long does it usually take before he does this? does he do it straight away or after 10 or so mins of handling?

My spotted does the same, Having only ever kept childreni before which are very docile. I was amazed at how fast and skittish my spotted becomes if she gets anyway uncomfortable. All i can suggest is make sure you are on your toes when handling him so you dont drop him or anything & also respect that he sometimes does not want to be handled, if this is the case try again later on. I found with my blonde mac that in her enclosure she scrambles to corners. I put it down to stress so if i dont remove her from the enclosure before she runs i try again later, letting her think she won and allowing her to go back to the comfort of her hide.

Hope this helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back