Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
personally i'd like to see him turn that back hair into one of those trendy metrosexual mohawks. good to see you making a return visit fuscus.bring any animals up this time or just your camera and fishing rod.i'm sure you have a few you'd like to show off.
cheers
simon

Ahh yes, that's our Kris, snake lover and metro legend. We'll have him sculpting his back hair, plucking his eyebrows and listening to Maroooon5 in no time.

No takers on turtles yet people????

Simon, I have a bunch of hypos that you can free handle- don't listen to anybody that says they look like Coastal Taipans. They are hypos and also patternless Carpets. You can have as many as you can carry in your shirt.

Kersten, I'll deal with you later Sweety Pie xxxx

I can't think of the blokes name but there was some bloke down the sunshine coast way that was doing some work with the Mary River Turtles, if anyone knows who he is, can they let him know about this? Might be a good way to get the public aware of the problems these turtles are facing with the dam down tha way.

Cheers,

Kris.

That would be Craig & Gabrielle Latte, his username is Expansa 1 on most forums. I will try to get hold of him:)

Didnt hornet have a Mary turtle or am I thinking or someone else. :?

Anyway, I think my brother is going aswell so dare say he will take his murray in, the turtle should be a crowd pleaser with the personality on him haha.

Just a Q, do we have to pay the $10 entrance fee on top of the other cost, and can we choose where our stands go when we setup?

Didnt hornet have a Mary turtle or am I thinking or someone else. :?

Anyway, I think my brother is going aswell so dare say he will take his murray in, the turtle should be a crowd pleaser with the personality on him haha.

Just a Q, do we have to pay the $10 entrance fee on top of the other cost, and can we choose where our stands go when we setup?

you can setup where ever you like,its a massive room.and you dont pay the enterance fee,just the siteholder fee.
cheers
simon

I bought along my two saw shelleds Keyarna, I don't know if John even keeps turtles but they weren't there last year.

Gladstone hey?
I have heard there is a great National Park there where you can go to observe Barkiensis barkei in its natural habbitat.
Brings PHD students by the dozens apparently.

Gladstone hey?
I have heard there is a great National Park there where you can go to observe Barkiensis barkei in its natural habbitat.
Brings PHD students by the dozens apparently.

Thats correct Big Al , we also have the largest population of red breasted boobies ,they flock close to the mouth of wild cattle creek national park.

regards

Deka

Indeed it does Big-Al, we're also home to the shy (but plentiful) Rubbersis Tyresis Shreddiae. One of it's artful hunting strategies is to camoflage itself as an RBBS on the side of the road to lure herpers close to take pictures. As they approach it strikes with devastating results.

That sounds like nice trip for me, Better book my flight early to get cheaper price.

Big-Al, I've found both the Rubbersis Tyresis Shreddiae and the very rare Barkiensis barkei around here. Had to make the trips more interesting somehow. The QLD Museum has had a look at the photos and are interested in some live specimens. If QPWS agree I might get some wildcaught for the Barkiensis barkei pit demos.

Kris.

Is it true that Barkiensis barkei are a 'Host' species, and that they support millions of different invertibrates which seek refuge beneath their plumage?

I didnt realise they were so rare! I went Herping with a bloke there and he kept obruptly stopping the car and yelling "Look theres a snake!!"
But when we approached the specimen, he would just say "Oh no, its just another Barkiensis barkei" It happened all night.
Come to think of it I dont remember seeing a snake..??

It is true Big-Al. That guy you went herping with sounds just like a guy I went herping with once who very nearly wet himself when he saw an RBBS on the side of the road. He jumped out of the car and sprinted to the RBBS, whipping out his camera as he ran. As I walked up next to him I saw him slow and finally stop, a devastated look crossed his face as his shoulders slumped in despair. Yes the Rubbersis Tyresis Shreddiae had struck again.

Thats correct Big Al , we also have the largest population of red breasted boobies ,they flock close to the mouth of wild cattle creek national park.

regards

Deka
thats right deka.i have also closly observed white pointers and large-breasted eyecatchers around the mouth of wild cattle and surrounding beaches

I know of a really great place that does breakfast/lunch on Sundays that isn't too far from where the the expo is being held;):lol:

I know of a really great place that does breakfast/lunch on Sundays that isn't too far from where the the expo is being held;):lol:
Yes, I hear the chef is pritty good and has great taste in animals;):lol:

re Queensland

That sounds like nice trip for me, Better book my flight early to get cheaper price.

Yeh flying is the way to go,get there refreshed and tap dance on a few toads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back