Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cropping in paint is just that little dotted square on the left panel...problem is i cant figure out a way to crop a big picture that doesnt fit all on the one screen :?. save and save as is the same thing except 'save' will save over the original and 'save as' lets you change the name so you can keep both :)

Great pics browns :) Made me want to go out and buy a new camera...I literally got to the front door before I realised that I probably shouldn't since I have no money.

BHP's and Jungles.
I don't use paint to edit the size of photos, it creates a much bigger file than using the software that came with the camera.

Great apics again Browns, try useing microsoft photo editor, it should be with the microsoft office tools. Simple pixels size just by typing it in, no cropping if you don't want. Might help, might not.
When you save, "save as" and direct to where you want it to go.

Browns if you just want to zoom in then this is how you do it. (Ihave the same camera as you)

After you take the photo you want to zoom in on, switch the camera to the green play buttin to look at your photos that you have taken.

Once the first one comes up hit the menu buttin and then go across to the crop button on the screen.

Then using your zoom on the camera zoom in on the area you like and then hit menu/ok and it will save the picture as the selected shot you chose as well as keeping the original.

Goodluck

dont know why i kept sayin 'buttin' you know what i meant..

You wouldn't by any chance have the Fuji camera would you?

got 1 of those too pugs as good with it as i am with the puter cant work either properly :oops:

pugsly said:
sure would s5500

Got the same camera and love it - now to convince myself and hubby that I really do need those new lenses and the underwater casing....

not bad snakeman.

Montyette just read the instruction a couple of times so you know what all the features are. well that what I did, then experiment with different angles when you take shots like lying on the ground or from the side you get some interesting shots, and the one thing everyone doesnt seem to realise is that a good photo doesnt mean the object/reptile needs to be in the middle put it about 1/3 to one side or mix things up a bit.

heres a couple taking photos from down low and with the camera tilted a little. And my childreni interested in the camera.

it doesnt have an underwater caseing.. i wanted one for my thailand trip but unfortunately that is the only downside to the camera... but yeah extra lenses would be ideal gets some fantastic macro shots. But still not a bad camera at all 10x optical is awesome

and one of the most basic but most forgotten things people dont do when taking photos is KEEP STILL! trust me even a slight amount of movement shows up with these awesome digitals coming out. use a tripod if your too shakey.

But from some of the photos ive seen on here I dont think anyone has problems taking shots.. or the ppl who dont post pics too scared of criticism!! GOTCHA!

Browns if you just want to zoom in then this is how you do it. (Ihave the same camera as you)

After you take the photo you want to zoom in on, switch the camera to the green play buttin to look at your photos that you have taken.

Once the first one comes up hit the menu buttin and then go across to the crop button on the screen.

Then using your zoom on the camera zoom in on the area you like and then hit menu/ok and it will save the picture as the selected shot you chose as well as keeping the original.

Goodluck
Thanx heaps pugsly a;; the tips are very much appreciated,I had no idea you could crop the image on the camera itself....there's so many functions and heaps to learn.I stll find pics taken in dappled light or night time with flash turn out much better and more true to colour than on a nice sinny day which is actually best to take a pic just as a cloud comes over,for some reason the pics turn out much better.I might try some black and white shots to see how they turn out for some fun.

With a good camera like the onnes we have there should be no need for photoshop etc,the pics should turn out smick!what i also find is when you get up to say 4times zoom and over i can never get a clear pic let alone using the whole 10 x optical zoom.Any hints on that pugsly,i'm taking all of this in and applying it don't worry bout that?

OK,that's it,now you've created a monster :D
2005_0419crops0037.jpg

This pic is almost good enough to go on the cover of a book...not too far from the pic on the cover of POTW :shock:
2005_0419crops0038.jpg

trial run...
2005_0419malepalm0006.jpg

Just another one before i knew you could crop on the cam just for the hell of it seeing as it's pretty quiet and slow lately :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back