Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, a friend of mine found this lil guy in the 2nd floor hallway of the college, on the carpet.. we took him outside, but my question is, is he a red eyed green tree frog?

Was yellow, green and had pinky/purply colour on the thighs; gorgeous little frog!
Frog_8_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Frog_1_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Frog_9_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Frog_10_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Frog_11_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Frog_7_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Frog_6_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Frog_5_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Frog_4_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Frog_3_by_xshadowxv.jpg

Frog_2_by_xshadowxv.jpg

aps1.jpg

i have no idea what kind of frog it could be but very sweet pics you got there

Hi mate great pics,it isn't a red eye.
It is an orange thighed tree frog or a dainty tree frog,very simular.

Yeah I agree it is a Dainty Green Tree Frog (Litoria gracilenta). The pale yellow stripe from the nostril to behind the eye is characteristic of this species. Also the granular skin is absent in the Red Eyed Tree Frog (Litoria chloris) and the Orange Thighed Frog (Litoria xanthomera).

Aaron

Thanks guys :) It was only after I asked here that I remembered teh JCU site (lists pretty much all animals, plants etc found on campus) and looked up the frogs there, and instantly recognised it as a dainty tree frog :D

shouldn't they eyes be vertical? if you noe what i mean xD

Thanks :) Can't say I've actually seen that many; just this guy, a green tree frog and striped rocket frog. I hear plenty, but can never find them lol.

Then again.. there's supposedly heaps of snakes around here as well; my friends quite often see them around the uni, but the only three I've ever seen were two spotted pythons (both in the college) and a coastal carpet (also in the college). There was also a hatchling brown that a friend nearly stepped on and sent me a msg and I went to go have a look.

wow! Nice pics and he's so little!!
Could be a red-eye or magnificent
nah no chance of it being a magnificent.. they r usualy much rounder and hav white dots on their back

nice pics mate

Attachments

• frog3.jpg
    frog3.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 39
Hi Loved the quality of the photos. I am currently looking at buying an SLR digital camera> I take lots of photos especially of my frogs. Im tossing up between Fuiji S5 and Canon 40D and buying a Macro Lense. Do you mind telling my what you used to get those great images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back