Scales & Tails Australia - May Issue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reptile Outlet

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Just a quick note to let everyone know that our team is now back from the expo (not sure if our eyes are really open yet though), and we'll be getting the May issue of Scales & Tails Australia out the door to subscribers and stockists during the coming week.

We went to print a week early so that we could take copies to the expo with us so some people were lucky enough to have already picked theirs up from the expo. We're working our butts off right now to get copies out the door to you as soon as humanly possible, so look for your issue around the end of the week.

A few highlights from the coming issue include:

All our regular articles, plus this issue we have Michael McFadden's article on the dwindling frog numbers both in Australia & overseas, Gavin Kriesel and Michael Cermak take a look at the Brown Tree Snake in captivity - plus a wonderful example of adapting to its surrounds in the wild. We have Martin Fingland outlining the correct handling of venomous snakes, and Greg Bylund with an indepth article on Australian Tarantulas.

I'm sure you'll all love our 'Interview with a Keeper' this time too (this is Troy & Denver's personal favourite section of our mag each issue) - we've interviewed an absolute legend in the industry - Mr Peter Krauss.

That's just a few teasers for now. We hope you all enjoy this issue. As usual we had a lot of fun putting it all together for you.

Cheers for now
Joy

I'm looking forward to it Joy, especially the spider story. Good to see Peter join the elite group :lol:

Was lucky enough to pick up my issue from Joy at the expo :) Once again its a great read, well done guys and girls!

Peter Krauss
He always been in elite group by my opinion.:)

Hi Joy it was lovely meeting you on the weekend, looking forward to the mag.

Joy did you slap that boy for me! ;) pm me if you like

Got it yesterday. The pic of the colletts is probably the best pic of one i have ever sen!!!

Your editor needs a bit of a slappin' :lol: Page 38 photo description and the "venomous" Rough scaled python on page 39 :p

Apart from the little things, great mag! I'm enjoying the read ;)

She has already been slapped......Twice...... I like handing out slaps:) We have gone out and brought Jamie Stuart onboard to go through the mag. before it goes to print to help pick up on some of those little mistakes.

I know that I've said it before, but this is your mag. and we want you guys and girls to be involved as much as possible so send through some feedback for our Scales mail section, send through your funny herp related stories and being a herper myself I know that you guys would have plenty, if your still only a junior, take part in our hatchling section as there are plenty of prizes to be won and send in your photo with your pet for our pet of the month section.

Glad you guys are enjoying the mag. and don't forget that we enjoy hearing all of your feedback.
Regards
Troy K

Troy you give her the slaps and I will handle the hugs. Joys hugs are the bes around.

I would love to see more stories on morphs of all species. There are so many in the BHP species, most people are unaware of all the colours, patterns etc.
Any chance of doing a story on spotteds, including snake ranches albino and some of the wonderful Jungles and their morphs that are rearing their heads.

For the lizard keepers, there are so many gecko morphs appearing that most people haven't seen yet, not to mention albino and black blue tongues, just to name a few.

The future of this industries growth is the passion the expanding the genetic gene pool and the fact that ironically this is often done by line breeding which is the opposite of expanding it makes for a wonderfully interesting read. A regular section on morphs would be wonderful and a reason for every herper to buy your mag.

Cheers,
James

Quote=Slateman;1455750]Troy you give her the slaps and I will handle the hugs. Joys hugs are the bes around.[/quote]

lol Slateman. What can I say, I'm just a huggy person. :oops: It was Tracie (our editor) and not me that Troy gave a kick up the backside to. Trace has then proceeded to slap herself silly for making such a change (without checking first) after the mag had all been proofed and readied for print. She's a fabulous editor, and still makes the odd mistake here and there, but we do love her to bits.

On a different note, I'm glad everyone is enjoying the mag and thanks for all your suggestions that you pm or email through to me. Please keep them coming.

Cheers
Joy

Last edited:
It was great, picked it up on my bday and somehow you must of read my mind, because I was looking for info on BTS :D l

Hey there guys,
What i would absolutly love to see in the Next Scales and Tails, is some more articles on things happening in WA, and species, as i know, most of, well pretty much all the reptile mags are made over east, so there isn't much WA articles, but i know a bunch of readers over here, who would love to see some WA "stuff" in the magazine, i hope this makes sense. But otherwise, i think the Magazine is going along great and well done on this months issue, loved the Keeper interview, and some of those spider pics were cool!
Thanks,
Chris

:lol: Slaps all round! ......It's a great mag none-the-less! Nice to see you're all human over there :lol: I was looking at Reptiles Australia and your mag and quite clearly I walked away with yours...keep up the great work! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back