Scientific Lace Monitor information thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phido

Reaction score
Blurb: This thread is going to be my dumping ground for my academic lace monitor obsession. I will frequently post links, text, images, mostly from academic journals and books about Lace monitors. There is no core discussion other than Lace monitors. I will also frequently provide some views, comments, these aren't directed towards anyone or against any ideologies, just thoughts. Its not designed around caring or Lace Monitor Husbandry, but it may be useful for that purpose. Its more about a general purpose Lace monitor information thread.

Feel free to add to this thread, if you have any Lace monitor information, or if the posts trigger questions or comments. I know there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here with lots of experience, knowledge and skills about Lace monitors. I find a lot of threads and information the web is sketchy, unreferenced, incorrectly attributed, dated, unconfirmed, paradoxical or conflicting about these amazing animals.

Post reserved for navigation and Contents
Contents:

So… you’re NOT doing a paper or anything on lace monitors?

I keep and breed Lacies (as well as other smaller monitors ,several species of dragons and a few small pythons)
Hi dragonlover1,
I have 2 young Laceys, 2yr M , 1yr F. They have tried to mate on a couple of occasions but I have intervened because she is still so young. Have you seen or heard of it in Laceys so young?
Leigh

Yes, they will mate as soon as mature enough. It's more about size than age.
Obviously he is mature but then again males do mature faster.
Preferably they don't mate the first year but if they do there is nothing you can do unless you have separate housing.
The next problem comes with re-introducing them next year, sometimes they can be aggressive.

Back