sexing gecko's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on growth, which depends on heating and feeding, but it usually becomes clear by their first spring as males hemipenes swell. You can sex them at any age via hempenal illumination though this takes some practice.

well i cant notice that the hemipenis has made itself obvious. i have two which are just about 6 months old and im starting to guess that they are both females. They are both eating well and i've tried taking some pics to post them up but they are just real blurry

I can usually notice any hemipenal bulges by around 4 months of age.

by about 3 or 4 months my male rough knobs looked like they were sitting on bean bags! :p

hmm i wantt to know what sex mine is too, how would i go about that?

hmm i wantt to know what sex mine is too, how would i go about that?
Try and put a pic up of its genital region in good light or have a look at Danny Browns website and have a crack yourself.

i've tried taking pics even in good light and it just goes blurry coz when the flash goes off on the underbody of the gecko it all just blends into one =[ is there any other way of telling males and females apart???

sexing-leopard-geckos.jpg

this is how i sex mine

i've tried taking pics even in good light and it just goes blurry coz when the flash goes off on the underbody of the gecko it all just blends into one =[ is there any other way of telling males and females apart???
Try in good light with no flash.

ok mine are both females, they look nothing like the male pic and every bit the female pic =] thanks heaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back