Show us your Diamond Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a pic of my Diamond

Attachments

• Dexter.jpg
    Dexter.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Dexter 2.jpg
    Dexter 2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 93
  • dexter 3.jpg
    dexter 3.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 107
Same snakes, new pics.

Have one of my diamonds in shed at the moment. This is Hannah, a few good feeds must be putting some condition on her....I am still yet to witness a perfect shed from both the diamonds, so am anxious to see how she goes.
P1170670.jpg

You wont beleive it, theres hope for Daisy, and even without xray,I had a guy come overb this afternoon and when we both looked at her,it was easy to see a succession of 'bumps' under her skin mainly around her neck/lung area.
After keeping her still, and feelingthem it was clear that these lumps were pockets of air under her skin.
Concluding that due the fact she can move from head to tail,she can liftn her head at least 6-10inches off the ground, and is mobile enogh that would indicate no fractured vertabraes.
So, were left with the assumption that she may have puntured a lung, or have enphacemia.(Air escaping from her sacs) explains the puffy throat being soft, its all air, thats trapped.(Usually called a punctured neumor thorax)
The air is escaping into her throat and body cavaties causing the bumps, and also causing her throat to swell.

progress.gif

Who'd of thought.We worked this out and i don tknow why i didnt think of her lungs before.Verfied the probability to treat her for this with a Vet over the phone.Fortunately I knew someone where I could obtain the stuff i need till i get Vet.
So much for the Snake Forum, instead of anything that might of help with this diagnosis, most of the posters were too busy, flaming off at me for something personal, oh well.Turns out i will still have to go to Vet , we had very experienced person I trust his prognosis ect.
So at the moment , she has been given an antinmflamotry injection to help with pain too,and, she seems a little brighter already.
Thanks once again.I will never to that to myself again, at least I met you.Kind Regards Heather
progress.gif

Hey, that happened to my diamond as well at the start of the year. Scared the hell out of me, I thought she was going to die and I rushed her to an emergency vet. She's all good now though. Here's a picture of what she looked like, sorry about the quality it was taken on my phone. All the skin had lifted off her neck and there was more bumps going down her body by the time we got her to the vet.

Attachments

• P1040779.jpg
    P1040779.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 138
New photo's

Attachments

• Diamond.JPG
    Diamond.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 77
  • diamond2.JPG
    diamond2.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 96
Here is my favorite girl laying 2 years ago.
She looks exactly the same this year.
She had last year off.
She's due to drop on the 6th December.............:D
Cant wait !!
Aleks.

Attachments

• IMGP1560a.jpg
    IMGP1560a.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 221
  • IMGP1567a.jpg
    IMGP1567a.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 218
My 2 snuggling

My 2 diamonds coiled together

Attachments

• Picture 252.jpg
    Picture 252.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 126
Very nice Mungus,is this the 2nd time she has breed,what age-size was she when she first become gravid,or seen any signs she was gravid...How many eggs has she laid before...She defiantly is a great looking Diamond...All the best with this season,i hope you get some real stunners.....MARK

Nice pics everyone,mines in my avatar theres a much better image of him in my profile.

Diamonds as far as the eye can see.....that's what I like......

Some beautiful specimens displayed here:D

Nice pics Mungus, hope all goes well for you this year - Anyone else got any gravid or laying shots of DPs?

Very nice Mungus,is this the 2nd time she has breed,what age-size was she when she first become gravid,or seen any signs she was gravid...How many eggs has she laid before...She defiantly is a great looking Diamond...All the best with this season,i hope you get some real stunners.....MARK

Thanks Mark.
She's due for her second clutch any day now......:D
She looks huge.............:lol:
She was 4 years old when she had her first clutch of 21 eggs [ no slugs ]
Last year she had a break, as she lost a fair bit of condition after she layed.
This year she looks the same.
I reckon it will be a large clutch and she will be given next year off to recover.
Some snakes you can breed every year without fail, but not this girl, she looses a fair bit of body weight and needs the extra time to recover and thats what she gets....:D
Aleks.

Thats good news Aleks,i hope you get a nice pile of eggs.IMO Diamonds dont seem to put the weight back on as easy as other species,by the sound of it,the extra year she had off will defiantly be worth it.Its good to hear some people actually give a **** about their animals instead of their wallets....MARK

One of my big babies- 6.5 ft 3 yr old ready to go next season with an identical male (albeit a much smaller male)

diamond_illustration.gif

....... i wish i had a diamond python :(

Love your diamond marty!

What a intense diamond browns, looks fantastic

This is my recently shed diamond - and discovered it is a boy. So now I know which are which, and definitely my girl who is refusing food.
This is Hannah. He carries a girls name but I don't think he really cares lol
P1170962.jpg

And both of them. Tara (female) on left, Hannah on right.
P1170966.jpg

This is my recently shed diamond - and discovered it is a boy. So now I know which are which, and definitely my girl who is refusing food.
This is Hannah. He carries a girls name but I don't think he really cares lol
P1170962.jpg

And both of them. Tara (female) on left, Hannah on right.
P1170966.jpg
Thants one veryyyyyyyyyyyyy nice diamond.
Like it in my collection...........:D

Thats good news Aleks,i hope you get a nice pile of eggs.IMO Diamonds dont seem to put the weight back on as easy as other species,by the sound of it,the extra year she had off will defiantly be worth it.Its good to hear some people actually give a **** about their animals instead of their wallets....MARK

Mark,
Well she laid today.
I checked her laybox at 8am and she just started laying - only had 2 eggs out by this stage.
Came home from lunch and was greeted buy a mass of eggs and she was still popping them out......:shock:
Came home at 2.30pm and she had finished.
Approx 30 eggs - 23 seen from above with about 7 tucked underneath the top ones.
Thats my biggest clutch ever !!.......:D:D:D:D:D
She looks in alot better condition than I thought she would, which is a relief.:D
Giving her last year off really worked a treat.
Here's some photo's.
Aleks.

Attachments

• IMGP5327lLAYING.jpg
    IMGP5327lLAYING.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMGP5335TUB.jpg
    IMGP5335TUB.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMGP5338SECTION.jpg
    IMGP5338SECTION.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMGP5339INCUBATORTUB.jpg
    IMGP5339INCUBATORTUB.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 90
Well done Aleks,IMO with Diamonds its defiantly worth giving them a year off,as i dont think they put the weight back on compared to any other carpet...Wow that is a great clutch,thats strange she started laying at 8am,as most of the snakes that ive had layed had already finished by around that time..You have to be more than happy with that size clutch...Now the real fun begins,best of luck with them all,cant wait to see those heads pop out...CHeers...MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back