skink? ID and help????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monix

Reaction score
hi.. i might know a tiny lil bit about snakes..
but i am totally lost when it comes to skinks and lizards etc

this cute little fella we found wedged into our front door and initially thought he was dead. (see attached)
i convinced him to get out, but he didnt seem too well.
i went back later and checked on him and i think he hurt his foot or smtg isnt right.

can anyone tell me what it is? he is about 30cm long. i keep thinking he is a blue tongue.. just not sure.
i will keep an eye on him tonight and if he is ok in the morning i will go release him n the botanical gardens up the road... heaps better than the mean city streets.
if not... any advise? like someone i can take him too in central brisbane?

Attachments

• found.jpg
    found.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
hahahah oops i didnt see that till after i posted that!

is it dangerous to release them someplace different?
like are they teritorial etc?? just i really dont want to let he back out here.. not a place for a wild animal.
the roma st botanical gardens is only up the road from me....

is their anyone in central brisbane that can give em a quick check out to see if they are ok?

Yep, it's a Pink Tongue Skink, Cyclydomorphus gerrardi. How bung is his leg? If you need a hand, my number is below.

Cheers

G'day monix,

I missed your last post. It is definitely dangerous to release animals away from their territory, for both the animal you are transferring and for the animals that live in the area you are transferring it to.

They live all through inner city Brisbane, if he seems OK and is moving his leg well, just release him tonight in your backyard and you'll probably never see it again. It's been living there all its life, so it knows how survive there.

I'll be in the city tomorrow if you'd like me to check it out.

Cheers

oh crap crap. we just got back from releasin him.
and my husband also raised this Q too ... and i thought it was ok cuz noone said anything.
well we dont even have a yard... we are in spring hill apartment CBD fringe.
I really do believe he would have come from roma street parklands with the heavy rains yesterday.
its like 100meters up the road and its slightly uphill, and when there is heavy rains the water flows here from that direction.

i watched him for a bit before we did take him up the road.
he seemed alot more agile and he wasnt sitting on his foot like before. it seemed aok.
i think he was just stunned/freaked out before...from all the people opening and closing the big front door he was wedged in hiding.

and the park is massive.... i really hope he is ok now. i feel horrible. :(
at least i know next time... hopefully i find more around here. poor lil things wouldnt stand a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back