Sliding door question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltyballs

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's been covered here but what dose everyone use to lubricate there sliding doors? The ones in my 4x4 are tough to slide. Not sure if it's just the weight of them or what but I'm trying to find out what's safe to use that won't mess with the snake I'm putting in there.

any water based lubricants would be safe, but it sounds like u might want to graze a mm or 2 off the glass if its too tight (does it have any wiggle room)

any water based lubricants would be safe, but it sounds like u might want to graze a mm or 2 off the glass if its too tight (does it have any wiggle room)
I think there is plenty of room, Taki g them in and out is easy. That's why I think it's the weight

I think there is plenty of room, Taki g them in and out is easy. That's why I think it's the weight
the plastic tracks have a recommended maximum weight of 6kg per door or 760mm height. If your doors exceed this you might be better off replacing your tracks with metal tracks that have roller bearings

Back