Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

animallove

Reaction score
hi iv'e resently become interested in snakes. firstly i was told to get a bredli as they are the most placid but in the last few weeks i have asked around and others seem to think that womas are the way to go. seeing as tho i am new to this i would like to know what are the average prices for the following types of snakes or special prices that appear on this site regulary for these;
woma python,
bredli python,
and black and gold jungle python.
thanks.

Woma 400-800
Bredli 250-600
Jungle 300-550

(depending on who you buy it from, the size and age)

If your new to snakes then id go for the bredli if those 3 were my choices as its more of a beginners snake, although i have only seen one in person
and it was a very bitey hatchling.
Personally id go with an intergrade or a port macquarie carpet or coastal as a first snake as there simple to look after, ive always found them placid
and never had any issues keeping those species over the years there also very forgiving when it comes to beginner mistakes.

ive only been into snakes for last few months i now have a pair of womas and a coastal, as for placid i dunno my coastal has tagged me couple times but only because of my mistake. my womas are awsome really happy i go them and cool to watch as they cruze around alot more than my coastal, but my next snake is deff goign to be a bredli and a darwin so yet to see what bredli are like for being placid. i got my woma for less than $400 at 7 months old.

I'd get a woma too if my license would allow it, so yeah I think you should get a woma :)

get the bredli, snake ranch has them for 220 right now amd the one I got off them hardly strikes now (i've had her since may), but she bluffs heaps, like heaps of the 'S' shape when in her cage. She settled down pretty quickly, only bit me a couple of times that I dont think where my fault.

Will

Get the snake you like the look of the most as there are nice and not so nice in every species. We have two lovely jungles that are really placcid...we have been really lucky but something we looked for when we chose our first jungle was the quietest one.....that seemed more curious about looking around than being defensive and biting.

Temperaments vary from individual to individual. I'd make your choice based on personal preference and size also depending on whether you're after something smaller and more manageable or something larger with which of course comes the need for larger housing, food, etc.

I'd personally recommend something small to medium sized for your first snake, any of the common childrens species (ie. spotteds, stimsons, childrens) or for something a bit larger perhaps a murray darling carpet, bredli, jungles (there are some out there that are placid I can assure you :lol).

yeah i personally like the woma and its amazing colouring aswell as the pattern on the jungle. i do have access to supplies to improve the life of my snake if i get one as i work in a pet shop but i want a snake that really makes me go 'WOW' everytime i look at it but also one that my parents are willing to but for me at a reasonable price!
thanks, animallove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back