Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I hear your the funky monkey junkie and EVERYONE knows that funky monkey junkies only keep white ones right?

Ok I think it's bed time lol

Because I hear your the funky monkey junkie and EVERYONE knows that funky monkey junkies only keep white ones right?

Ok I think it's bed time lol
Night night sleep tight don't let the beddy bugs bite cause there is millions of them.

- - - Updated - - -

I googled coma pythons. They look very strange. I didn't think the two families would want to interbreed.
I believe ya have to use woma male so he's interested in breeding the other way round and she may revert back to reptilian diet.

the offspring of a lion and tiger are infertile.

These "creatures" can be fertile. There have been successful reproductions between ligers and lions "creating" liligers. I am not defending these pairings at all, just to be clear I think the people responsible are **insert word that would get me banned here**

Seeing as I'm replying to this thread I may as well throw my 2 cents in :) I personally am a big fan of morphs and pure lines I think they all have a place in the hobby and I am excited for the coming years, however I'm starting to cringe when I first read some posts. Nothing against those people (it is interesting to say the least) as I feel it was only a matter of time but it may take me sometime to warm to the idea...

I find the coma a bit strange. Also, from mating occurres until egg laying in the two species it's a massive time difference , would that not affect the outcome?

- - - Updated - - -

I find the coma a bit strange. Also, from mating occurres until egg laying in the two species it's a massive time difference , would that not affect the outcome?

So you can interbreed all pythons even if they are from different families. Is it possible to interbreed elipads as well?

the thrill of playing god and making an abomination that should never naturally exist and to hopefully make $ by selling said "unique" animal

couldnt the same thing be said about line breeding related animals generation after generation to get a ''unique'' animal.

The only DNA difference is between Bredli, south west carpet pythons. Even carpet pythons from PNG are genetically almost identical to the ones from Cape York and when it comes to all the east coast forms (e.g. jungles, coastals, inlands etc) there are no scientifically distinguishable populations and so to carry on about not crossing them is a rubbish (IMHO). Most captive pythons in Australia come from few founder animals that have all been crossed with each other. There are very few pure bred locality animals. In the old days, if you could get two carpets of different sexes you put them together no matter where they came from. If they came out looking like a coastal you called them a coastal and if they came out looking like a jungle you called them a jungle. Captive animals are just a big mish mash of different pythons which come from wild populations that can't be definitively defined anyway.

I think each to there own as long as you inform the buy of what the pairing was I dont see a problem...

And for the people that go on about mixing the "pure blood" lines/locality animals, If you are serious about keeping pure locality animals it is quiet easy to find the people with known wc pure lines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back