Some Pics of my Collection [Very Pic Heavy]

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
blueys are going great the lil one can be a bit cranky lol they like to hiss :D
yeah they are great additions to my collections we have all the gear for 2 pitts and we are going to see if we can get 2 more and make two unrelated pairs so we shall see how we go :D i will be waiting untill summer when they are bigger
mine and southernknights blueys are going to reunite at the next reptile meeting :D
i took mine last time but he didnt yeah but thanks so much for them and i LOVE your collection

blueys are going great the lil one can be a bit cranky lol they like to hiss :D
yeah they are great additions to my collections we have all the gear for 2 pitts and we are going to see if we can get 2 more and make two unrelated pairs so we shall see how we go :D i will be waiting untill summer when they are bigger
mine and southernknights blueys are going to reunite at the next reptile meeting :D
i took mine last time but he didnt yeah but thanks so much for them and i LOVE your collection

haha thats good to hear, im goign to try and make it too a meeting at some point.. ill bring their mum up if i get a chance :D i let her in with the bubs sometimes and they all love laying on top of each other under the lights.. i bet they will love the pits! im thinking of building one myself but wasnt too sure where to start, how are you starting yours? , Thanks :D

That's an awesome collection of Tigers and Copperheads! I'm incredibly jealous

Whats even more stupid is there is no age restriction, nor a requirement to do a ven handling course.. :p
Nice collection!!

Ahhhh!!.......sounds like the good old days:)! I'm glad I grew up with an interest in herps and all that involved (leading to an interest in many other aspects of the environment) rather than todays common scenario of purchasing candy coloured herps over the internet.

it lies upside down and goes crazy she put a vid on the tassie forum but i cant find it now sorry

Beautiful snakes. Hows does the 1 that was hit go behaviour wise? Is it much different from the others?

He used to go "belly up" and tense his whole body.. here is a link to the vid [not at his worse however] TiigerBehavior.mp4 video by whiteblaze786 - Photobucket

He is much better now, that behavior has gone, he is still unaware of his surroundings and people.. But extra care is needed when moving him around and handling him, just incase he has a fit and falls, strikes out, etc..

Here is a pic pf him "belly up"
IMG_0297.jpg

Nice collection!!

Ahhhh!!.......sounds like the good old days:)! I'm glad I grew up with an interest in herps and all that involved (leading to an interest in many other aspects of the environment) rather than todays common scenario of purchasing candy coloured herps over the internet.

Haha couldnt agree with you more.. i know plenty of people who buy reptiles just to either look cool or as a fashion statement.. the whole meaning and understanding is lost to some point.. especially when elapids are seen as a status symbol and not a living animal..

Last edited:
Wow poor thing. Much respect to you for looking after it. I've read a few threads over the last few days about members going above and beyond to look after some badly injured snakes, it truly warms my heart to know there are people who care about more than handbags and designer clothers in the world :)

haha thanks guys.. iv always had a soft spot for injured animals.. iv got 2 OTT TB horses that are both rescues aswell lmao.. here is a few more pics.. hatchy feeding day again today, and talon decided to go for a swim :D

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0484-1.jpg

Last edited:
Week-old thread, but just saying, I know what my first ven will be now.

A Tiger.

(or maybe a Collet's but I still have 5 years at least to choose)

A Tiger.

(or maybe a Collet's but I still have 5 years at least to choose)
lol yeah, 5 years and a handling course later then you can make your mind up.. they are beautiful snakes and settle well in captivity, but if you get one that doesn't they can do alot of damage.. Overall they are my favourite snake, the biggest drawback is they can be very easy to get complacent around lol, and as everyone knows its mainly complacency that gets you bit :p

All the best
Chantelle

Last edited:
Ive been around wild caught and rescued snakes for a while now, and yours certainly look the part. good on ya for the rescue work keep it up, they are an animal that is misjudged and not many people can see their way through to giving any help to them even though they are just another animal no less important then the cute and cuddlies.
Can you release the babies if they survive back into the wild? I can't see why not ..considering the law regarding collecting in Tas

Ive been around wild caught and rescued snakes for a while now, and yours certainly look the part. good on ya for the rescue work keep it up, they are an animal that is misjudged and not many people can see their way through to giving any help to them even though they are just another animal no less important then the cute and cuddlies.
Can you release the babies if they survive back into the wild? I can't see why not ..considering the law regarding collecting in Tas

Yeah, down here in tas they are very misjudged.. i had someone give me a baby tiger a few days ago that was wrapped in electrical tape! the poor little thing. id hate to think what it had been through.. he is alright now, was interesting trying to get all that tape off him though.. Ill try and take some pics of him..

Yeah, we are allowed to catch and release, all animals caught in the wild must be returned to the area of capture [if needed to release] so to speak.. Most of the time if we get too many babies other keepers will take them otherwise ill just release them in a suitable area.. :D i would keep them all if i could lol.. They really are beautiful animals..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back