SPHYNX CATS (hairless)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

libbo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I don't like animals that drop hair, i am a bit of a clean freak when it comes to our house. but i'd like a cat, we both love the sphynx as there are just so different and i want a cat that is indoors only and can not harm any wildlife.

i looked on the net and from a breeder there $1500/$2000 for a pet (desexed) if someone has bought one how much did you pay???

Does anyone have one of these cats or know anything about them???

i think there just beautiful in a small ET way

Attachments

• sphynx kitten.jpg
    sphynx kitten.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 121
the breeder i talked to makes you sign a contract before purchase saying you will keep it contained indoors at all times due to sun burn and the fact people seem to like to steal them as there are considered still rare in australia.. plus if i pay $2000 for an animal it wont be leaving my house :shock:

i think the lighter ones would diffently be more prone to sun burn too

Attachments

• sphynxface.jpg
    sphynxface.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
I totally want one...!
then i can shave my head and call it Mr biggils worth

The lack of hair would make them easier to digest.

But you would end up with really runny poohs that are tricky to clean up cause there is no roughage to hold it all together.

Lol but expensive snake food. I personally dont like animals that have been inbreed so much that they are aberrations in nature, ie unable to go outside. The 2nd pic libido posted is esp ugly, surely not even the mother could love it hehe.

But anyway, good luck finding one and spending thousands of $ on a cat.

The first one is cute in a weird kinda way, but that second one....:shock: MY GOD! I think I'd definately prefer a coloured one, rather than a pink/white one...for sure!

You could also try a cornish or devon rex, although they will shed more than a hairless cat obviously, you will hardly notice it.

My wife and I looked at getting sphynx cats and found it near impossible. Breeders want interviews and will pick and choose who they sell them too. It will be easier to import one from overseas and have it in quaranteen.

We decided to go for Devon Rex and you can even find some with the bald genetics. They have great personalities and are extremely needy. They are much more affordable aswell.

Good luck with your new kitty when u get one or two.

I love em as well, I looked into getting one myself from a breeder up here.Ive been on the waiting list now for over 2 years.A friend of mine has 2 on the way from OS they have cost her a fortune already and she hasnt even patted them yet.

i can personally say EWAN's devon rex's are great animals, and are a LOT better looking than the sphynx, i think any way, but i used to breed devon rex rats years ago... so i might b biased on the devon's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back