Strange Western Bearded Dragon Behaviour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ditch

Reaction score
Hi all,
We recently bought a 5 yr old Western Beardie (he was having some run ins with the breeders other male). We have a large enclosure with sticks, rocks, water and all the necessary lighting and heating for him.

He has attacks of crazy and starts to try climbing the glass panels. He seems to fairly throw himself against it as we can hear the contact.

I'm worried that there's something wrong with the enclosure that's making him uncomfortable and resulting in this behaviour.

Can anyone shed some light? Ideas?

I love this little guy and want him to be comfortable

Mine always do that when they go into a new enclosure, give him a week and he should settle down.

This is him on the right of the enclosure doing his thing. The red lamp is the heat lamp. He handles really well and also eats well. He seems to only go into his water pool at night after all the lights are out.
Any pics of the enclosure? How is the enclosure heated? Does he handle well?

Thanks Niall. Will wait out another few days then
Mine always do that when they go into a new enclosure, give him a week and he should settle down.

Attachments

• IMG_5717_1.jpg
    IMG_5717_1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 93
I recently got a new 3 week old Beardie(on Saturday in fact) and he was doing this the first 3 days which I figured was normal being in a new environment and all, today he has completely calmed down, I'm not claiming to be an expert on this or anything but it seems like normal behaviour. Just give him some time to settle down and hopefully he'll be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back