Stuck shed help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neverell

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 1.5ish year old Stimson who I've had for a little over a year now, she's always had perfect sheds. Recently she moved into her 120 x 60 enclosure and has just had her first shed in there, it wasn't a good one. She did get most of it off, but she has about 5cm-10cm of stuck shed starting behind her head, on the top half of her body. This was about 4 days ago. I first upped the humidity to see if she'd get it off herself, and when she didn't, I soaked her for about 30 minutes. A little bit came off but not the whole lot, and because of where the stuck shed is located, it doesn't spend a lot of time in the water. The past few days I've been using a damp towel and trying to help her get the rest off, and I've increased the humidity by misting and adding a large water bowl under her heater, but this shed is just not budging. I'm getting worried because she hasn't eaten in a few weeks now as I'm afraid to feed with that shed there, and even with higher humidity and my assistance, it will not come off. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.

Latest posts

Back