Snake scale health questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondDave

Reaction score
Hi, just concerned about the health of my snake and if she needs to be taken to the vet, I had been dealing with a bit of scale rot a couple months back which has cleared up now and I can see no more visible signs in her physical health or behaviour she feeds well and doesn’t act or behave out of the ordinary.

Just a couple weeks back I noticed that parts of her scales on the upper part of her body seemed to take on a folded down and dirty appearance, kinda curled down if that makes sense. She just shed last week so I don’t expect it to be shedding, I have read some snakes get folded scales from the position they sit in a lot but I wasn’t to sure if it was due to the way she sits on her perch or maybe a more serious health issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated

She is a diamond python about 2 and a half years old her enclosure sits at an ambient temp of 22c to 25c with a basking spot around 32c the enclosure has a humidity of around 50 to 60 percent
She gets a meal once every 11 days

Attachments

• IMG_0023.jpeg
    IMG_0023.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0016.jpeg