Support approved for brown tree snake control, containment & research

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if things are as bad as they say, then I'd say they are doing the right thing.
no different than any other culling of pest species anywhere else.

They should pay people $2 per snake handed in, then cull them and export them to China. Put a dollar value on them and they'll be extinct within a few months; it's one thing us humans are good at doing - driving a species to extinction, we just need a bit of motivation that's all... $$$$

Good thing my lil Brown Tree Snake is safe with me! The little blighter would have had a bounty on its head over there :lol:

On a more serious note, it's a good thing they are officially trying to do something over there, more should be done here regarding the Cane Toad (or at least if there is some sort of program happening, inform people a little more about what's being done and why it's being done)

I vaguely remember seeing a doco on the Brown Tree problem over in Guam, apparently they have basically wiped out all of the bird species on the Island including some that are indemic to the Island and the local bat population is now under serious threat.

The Guam Rail is now extinct in the wild and only exists in captivity. The Guam Kingfisher is in the same boat. And the Brown Tree Snakes on Guam are monsters (size-wise).

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back