Tattoo minimum age

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. My 16 year old daughter wants a tat! (against my wife's better judgement). She has tried in Adelaide but the minimum age here is 18. We are coming up for a holiday in a couple of weeks to the Gold Coast. What are the laws in QLD? If need be we are willing to authorise it as her parents if consent is required.

Cheers, Fester

The law is 18 in all staes bar NSW but you must be a resident, this is not to say some unscrupulous tattoist will ignore this and do it anyway.

Should this happen you do have a legal recourse it is a chargable offence "assult of a minor" and you will be able to sue to have the tattoo removed.

As far as I'm aware (I'm a Victorian tattoo artist) it's 18 all over Australia, with the exception of NSW where a minor (16-18) can be tattooed with parental consent. You MUST be a NSW resident, not merely a visitor. There is a loophole in Victoria where you can be tattooed at 16, but it involves consent from a court. We can all the guess the chances of that, right? Mind you, I tried to get the age limit for tattooing RAISED to 21, so I'm not too upset about the law as it stands.

i got my first at 15 without consent in central coast nsw and they are extreamly hygenic, i have returned many times to the same shop and person.

I know atleast 5 people who have gotten tattoos under the age of 18.
3 of the people had Parental Concent and the other 2 just looked 18 and didn't get asked for I.D

I think that it's good that you're at a level where you're willing to be able to let your daughter be able to do these kind of things. Atleast if you allow it, you'll know that your daughter/child is doing these things generally in a safe environment with your supervision. Instead of them just going behinde your back, to a dodgy piercing or tattoo artist and then making a total muck up of the whole situation, and then betraying your trust that you have given to them.

My parents have been understanding of what I'd like to get done. I got my first proper piercing (I don't believe that ear counts really, as it's so standard) when I was 13 years old, and it was my labret piercing, my mother took me to get it done, helped me pick out a place, She made sure I knew what I was doing and how to look after it and anything else that I might need to know about it. Plus she made me pay for it myself, out of my own money. I believe that this teachers responsilbility.

I am now 17 years old and I have had numerious piercings, most of them I have taken out, but I'll give you a list of what I got done, how old I was etc.

1. Labret ( 13 years old, parents concent )
2. Eyebrow ( 14 years old, parents concent )
3. Right Lip ( 15 years old, parents concent )
4. Tongue ( 16 years old, parents concent - I asked if I could get it done, but got it done alone )
5. Nape "Back of Neck" ( 16 years old, parents concent - I asked if I could get it done, but got it done alone )
6. Snake Bites "Right and Left Lip" ( 16 years old, parents concent - I asked if I could get it done, but got it done alone )
7. Nape ( 17 years old, parents concent - I asked if I could get it done, but got it done alone )
8. Industrial ( 17 years old, parents concent - I asked if I could get it done, but got it done alone )

At the moment the only piercings that I currently have in is:

Ear
Tongue
Labret
Industrial

The thing with piercings is, you can take them out, and they wont leave much visible scaring, all of my piercings that I have taken out, you can barely see the scars some of them you can't see at all.

I would end up having a talk with your daughter about a tattoo, because it's something that's going to be with her for life, and it'll be expensive and painfull to get it removed. So the meaning of the design will talk a long period of time and special consideration. Plus you need to be able to find a decent place that will do the tattoo with parental concent, that isn't dodge.

Chris

who did your nape? is it P&T?

and like i said before, if a tattooist will do work on someone under 18, forget being illegal, they are DODGY, and more often than not do shoddy work....

who did your nape? is it P&T?

and like i said before, if a tattooist will do work on someone under 18, forget being illegal, they are DODGY, and more often than not do shoddy work....

1st time - needle curved bar
2nd time - needle and surface bar

But they kept on playing up, considering getting microdermal anchors

needle and curved... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
who did it, how long ago?

and punch and taper baby... ONLY way...

dermals tho... they are cool...
i wanna get 2 placed to look lie a subclavicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back