Tattoo minimum age

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my first at 16!
I still love it ;) getting more done to it now ;)

i didn't have parental consent.....you can get away with it lol but its better to have consent so you don't get let down!

When I was a bit younger I went nuts with the tatts. I have half sleeves on both arms, some back work and one calf. At times I think I would have done things a little differently but I don't have any regrets. I love all my tatts and plan on a little more work. Just make sure she thinks it through. Impulse tatts sometimes work but mostly don't.

I have a random impulse tatt of a turtle with wings, its just lucky I like it. Friends haven't felt the same with some of their work and have spent thousands on laser removal and cover-ups.

, i realy think that 16 is too young.

JMO

Donk
I agree. JMO

I remember at schoolies on the goldcoast anyone and everyone could get a tattoo. And generally in Sydney if you look old enough they don't care about checking.
Hahahaha I remember a friend who got a tattoo when he was 16....he pointed at the sign that said "You must be over the age of 18 to get a tattoo" and asked for his tattoo in that font.. :s

He also has regretted that tattoo 2 years later.

See above opinion. :)

I got some piercings in my late teens, but took the jewellery out after a few years. The scars are tiny - so no glaringly obvious reminder of my crazier youth to see in the mirror.

Piercings and 'crazier youth' in the same paragraph?? Nooooooooo. :p

I guess it really depends on the person....
I love tattoos and always have from a young age......if your just getting one for fashionable reasons....i wouldn't get one and if you (the parent) isn't sure of their reasons then don't let them.

It took me over a month to decide what i wanted and then another month to find the right place that i wanted it done it.

We have a bloke at work, same age as me, mid 50's, supervisory position. Everyone thought pretty boring really. Came into work a few months ago, earing plus tat! We all reckon mid life crisis! No one could believe it!

It is an offence under the Summary Offences Act 2005 to pierce the
genitals or nipples of a minor (a person under 18 years) as part of a business
transaction, or to tattoo a minor. It is no defence that the minor’s parent or
guardian consented to the piercing.

Body piercings here in Adelaide there is no minimum. You see very young kids with their ears pierced. It is only tattoo's.
Ear Piercings at chemists and things is any age where i live.
Piercing places will do all piercings except genital and nipple to kids over 16 and under 18 with consent from a parent same goes for tattoos

I concur with Kelly....let her get her lip pierced- don't let her get a tattoo! 16 is WAY too young to be tattooed!!

I have inkwork- but I was in my 20's before I got my first one.

It is an offence under the Summary Offences Act 2005 to pierce the
genitals or nipples of a minor (a person under 18 years) as part of a business
transaction, or to tattoo a minor. It is no defence that the minor’s parent or
guardian consented to the piercing.

Found the SA Summary Offences Act:

21A—Tattooing of minors​
(1) A person who tattoos a minor is (except where the tattoo is performed for medical
reasons by a legally qualified medical practitioner or a person working under a legally
qualified medical practitioner's direction) guilty of an offence.
Maximum penalty: $1 250 or imprisonment for 3 months.
(2) It is a defence to a charge of an offence under subsection (1) to prove that, at the time
the tattoo was performed, the defendant had reasonable cause to believe, and did​
believe, that the person tattooed was of or over the age of 18 years.

So illegal here

We have a bloke at work, same age as me, mid 50's, supervisory position. Everyone thought pretty boring really. Came into work a few months ago, earing plus tat! We all reckon mid life crisis! No one could believe it!

My parents have recently done the same thing at 58!!!
Now they can't have a go at me for piercings and tattoos.
If you're daughters is keen, like you said, she should do it with your permission.That way you can supervise and scope the place out, without her sneaking behind your back and getting a dodgy one or some sort of disease.
But at the same time where does it stop...if he let me get a tattoo what about a branding? :)
Like Nightowl said most place use disposable tubes, needles,grommets, ink and caps etc and the rest is autoclaved if need be or covered in disposable pastic.

Another idea i might add is to get her to pick a design she thinks she would be happy with.
Then tell her she can't get it for a few months and then see if she still likes that design.
If she doesn't then she is probably not ready for a tattoo.

I personally think that piercing with a gun is a no no due to hygene.
How often do you see them clean it? It can't be autoclaved as it is usually plastic.These things have broken peoples noses before to!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back