Tattoo minimum age

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tattooist with half a reputation will not tattoo anyone under the age of 18 consent or no consent.Children dont know what they want and at 18 they still have no idea JMO my eldest is 30 and he has tatts that he got at 16 and hates.My other boys have tatts that they like but dont??? so imo id make my daughter wait until she was 18 and if she still had the same idea then let her have what she wants.It all depends on what she wants is it a memorial to someone or just a picture with no meaning???? that does make a difference..JMO Im 42 and have one cover up done and one removal because I made a silly mistake on choice each to their own but as a mum with experience I would be very cautiousl;

Give her the lip and take away the tat... I'm pierced and inked and I know what I'd rather my kids did... A piercing can be removed and leaves all but the smallest scar, laser tat removal is costly and relatively ineffective... Have a friend who has spent in excess of $4k on laser treatment for a tat the size of your average computer mouse, she just spent another $300 getting a cover-up as the ink had faded all it was going to and was still clearly visible.

Another idea i might add is to get her to pick a design she thinks she would be happy with.
Then tell her she can't get it for a few months and then see if she still likes that design.
If she doesn't then she is probably not ready for a tattoo.

so true!! i kept looking at my design over and over, took me 3 and a half years to actually get it done! so im happy with it......

Make her wait till shes 18 anyway. She may not even be into the same things then. And then she will be stuck with a tattoo she maybe doesnt want. I got my first when I was 24. Got it designed by my brothers girlfriend and love it. What do you guys think. A4 size on my back.
tatt2.jpg
:p

my mate who's 16 got a tatoo on his shoulder blade, its a skull.
at first we all thought it was fake, but its defiantly real.
he went with his mum and its was ok., were in vic.

Make her wait till shes 18 anyway. She may not even be into the same things then. And then she will be stuck with a tattoo she maybe doesnt want. I got my first when I was 24. Got it designed by my brothers girlfriend and love it. What do you guys think. A4 size on my back.View attachment 16684:p

nice tatt who did it/?

as a person heavily into mods, (piercings, tatts, suspensions, flesh removal etc) i can only say this.

if you are under 18, and want something done, good for you! i think thats great.
just be aware, that nowhere reputable will do you if you are under 18 (other than ear piercings).
and if you find someone that will do it for you, STAY AWAY!!!
places that do mods on minors are DODGY! beware.

as much as you may want one, its not worth getting it done by someone bad, so yes, it sucks, but you are best waiting....

you have your whole life ahead of you, and your whole body as a canvas, there is plenty of time.

to the original poster, get your daughter to join this site
www.pierced.com.au
they will put her on to some of the best artists in australia.
none of which will touch her till she says 18 :p
that way you support her fully, and get your way, and not let her mod

This might sound gross:rolleyes: but i will say it.

Alot of older guys/people will relate Tattoos with the age of 18 (age of inocence:rolleyes: )

i love my Tatts, but there is Bucklys of my daughter geting a Tatt before she is 18 and even then it will be a thought out process..

Donk

.... my eldest is 30 and he has tatts that he got at 16 and hates.
......JMO Im 42 and have one cover up done and one removal because I made a silly mistake on choice each to their own but as a mum with experience I would be very cautiousl;

Geez Odessa!! Your son is 30 and you're 42? You started young! :shock: ;)

if she looks older than her age you can try. but if they ask for id your not going to get anywhere. they didnt ask me so i was sweet!

She doesn't look 18, I doubt you would get away with it. And like has been said, if someone would do a tatt on her without checking ID, I'd be worried about their needles and hygeine.

She looks like a typical 15/16 yo caught up in fashion too, I would suggest she waits till she is older to get something permanent done, so it's done as an individual thing, not as an expression of whatever phase she's in at the time, if that makes sense. I had a tatt just before I turned 18 and I regret it. It's small, but I got it because it was fashionable at the time. Now I'm stuck with it.

I'm 27 and I got my first tatt 5 years ago, I've never looked my age to most people but I have always been asked for ID. Even with my naval piercing that was done last year.
All of my tattoos were thought out over many months and I regret nothing. I had my nose pierced when I was 16 and NOTHING, not even work will make me take it out. They are a part of me and always will be. They should never be because others are getting them or it's the in trend/design etc. It should be for you. Most people's Tatt's have meaning behind them, all mine do!
I agree with the choose a pattern and think about it, That's the only way to go. It's cheaper and hurts less to change it on paper than what it does on skin.
Good on you for being an open minded parent, My father flipped when he found out about my tatts and piercings!!!

Good on you for being an open minded parent, My father flipped when he found out about my tatts and piercings!!!
Yeah I don't think anyone else mentioned that..good on you indeed.

Hahaha...my sister said I was a devil worshipper when she say my tattoo. She still shows her distaste if she is reminded I have it. Quite funny actually...

I know atleast 5 people who have gotten tattoos under the age of 18.
3 of the people had Parental Concent and the other 2 just looked 18 and didn't get asked for I.D

I think that it's good that you're at a level where you're willing to be able to let your daughter be able to do these kind of things. Atleast if you allow it, you'll know that your daughter/child is doing these things generally in a safe environment with your supervision. Instead of them just going behinde your back, to a dodgy piercing or tattoo artist and then making a total muck up of the whole situation, and then betraying your trust that you have given to them.

My parents have been understanding of what I'd like to get done. I got my first proper piercing (I don't believe that ear counts really, as it's so standard) when I was 13 years old, and it was my labret piercing, my mother took me to get it done, helped me pick out a place, She made sure I knew what I was doing and how to look after it and anything else that I might need to know about it. Plus she made me pay for it myself, out of my own money. I believe that this teachers responsilbility.

I am now 17 years old and I have had numerious piercings, most of them I have taken out, but I'll give you a list of what I got done, how old I was etc.

1. Labret ( 13 years old, parents concent )
2. Eyebrow ( 14 years old, parents concent )
3. Right Lip ( 15 years old, parents concent )
4. Tongue ( 16 years old, parents concent - I asked if I could get it done, but got it done alone )
5. Nape "Back of Neck" ( 16 years old, parents concent - I asked if I could get it done, but got it done alone )
6. Snake Bites "Right and Left Lip" ( 16 years old, parents concent - I asked if I could get it done, but got it done alone )
7. Nape ( 17 years old, parents concent - I asked if I could get it done, but got it done alone )
8. Industrial ( 17 years old, parents concent - I asked if I could get it done, but got it done alone )

At the moment the only piercings that I currently have in is:

Ear
Tongue
Labret
Industrial

The thing with piercings is, you can take them out, and they wont leave much visible scaring, all of my piercings that I have taken out, you can barely see the scars some of them you can't see at all.

I would end up having a talk with your daughter about a tattoo, because it's something that's going to be with her for life, and it'll be expensive and painfull to get it removed. So the meaning of the design will talk a long period of time and special consideration. Plus you need to be able to find a decent place that will do the tattoo with parental concent, that isn't dodge.

Chris

That was very inspirational, thanks Chris. I have shown my daughter all of the comments posted. Believe it or not, for her age she is very responsible, and has never given us any reason to be concerned. She has taken the comments on board and said she will wait until at least 18 and think seriously regarding a design etc. Thanks all.

Cheers, Fester :D

i got my first tatt at 21. and hav since become rather addicted to getting more and more. i have a 6 yr old daughter, and if she wanted a tatt at 16, i would say no.. as much as i love ink. i would prefer her to wait till at least 18. then she can do as she wishes. peircings are fine, u can always take em out. but i would definetely tell your daugther to wait till she is 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back