These kids need stringing up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i completely understand what the girls did, although i think its in bad taste.
i think it highlights 2 points.

first, the disaccosiation of the term "anzac spirit" from the WW1 ANZACS.
coz while the ANZACS along with soldiers on all sides of WW1 & WW2 (for the most part) were not murders, acts that certain politician frequently describe as "explifying the anzac spirit" don't exactly follow with "not murder"

secondly, if our politicians can rape the experiences of these young men for their own political gain, then why shouldn't young people, ESPECIALLY when in order to express political opinion you need to make the news.

i understand the girls need for expression, and hell i will out and out encourage it!
they went about it the wrong way, and that is part of being 16.

girls... keep that fist in the air, in the land of hypocrisy.

I guess the difference between the politicians raping the experiences of these young men, not that I necessarily agree with that statement, and what these girls did is that the politicians stand there in front of you and say it.

These cowards vandalised the monument with their ill-informed opinion and then skulked away into the night.

With freedom of speech comes responsibility. The so called right to an opinion does not give you right to say and do anything you please.

The true hypocrisy here is that these girls don't have the conviction to stand behind their statement and fight for their 'cause' whereas the ANZACS fought for theirs.

IsK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back