These kids need stringing up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody terrible!!!!! I have been fighting with my missus all day about our ANZACs. She doesn't think we should praise them because war is bad!!!!! Talk about beating your head against a brick wall!!!!!

Are you kidding me? Tenille??? im with you AD

The girls that did this absoulute devestation, can not be forgiven .

Donk

I'm going to say it, and you'll probably burn me but, The diggers fought for a country to be proud of. If our kids are running off the rails then its the parents fault. Kids that are shown love and respect and are treated with respect don't do this sort of thing.
Flogging a kid will not teach them anything except disrepect for people in power.
Bringing up a kid is not a part time job, it is full on and definitly the hard road.
I agree they should be sorted out, and made to realise what the diggers went through but don't run away with your emotions, or your just acting like a KID.

Ps My Pop fought in ww2, my father was army for 16 yrs and was on the list for vietnam, his mates were in vietnam. And i have 3 kids. What these girls did was disrepectfull, and wrong but it is also a message to the elders...........

I will not even reply to that absoulute BS, That is a slap in the face for me, aned everyone else that wasted there time reading it.

Sorry Cement, but what was the "mesage' that you think these girls put across?

What an Effing Joke

Donk

I could not imagine doing anything like that (and im 16 aswell..age is no excuse). Its very sad how many disrespectful people there are these days...

(ps...one of the girls, 16, has been charged with malicious damage to a shrine..what about the other 4?..not good enough!)

Sophie

Exactly!!

i completely understand what the girls did, although i think its in bad taste.
i think it highlights 2 points.

first, the disaccosiation of the term "anzac spirit" from the WW1 ANZACS.
coz while the ANZACS along with soldiers on all sides of WW1 & WW2 (for the most part) were not murders, acts that certain politician frequently describe as "explifying the anzac spirit" don't exactly follow with "not murder"

secondly, if our politicians can rape the experiences of these young men for their own political gain, then why shouldn't young people, ESPECIALLY when in order to express political opinion you need to make the news.

i understand the girls need for expression, and hell i will out and out encourage it!
they went about it the wrong way, and that is part of being 16.

girls... keep that fist in the air, in the land of hypocrisy.

and yeah.... flogging them....

girls... because fo your misguided attempt to wish for peace... we are going to violently take out our anger at you because you are to young to fight back properly.
and by doing such we with to show you that you don't have a right to express an opinion but the only way we care is if you go all out to do it.

god i hate to say it.... but of all the outrage i have heard the RSL is the most "understanding" (for want of a better word) in wanting the girls to talk to vets and widows in order to understand why it was offensive.

-personally i might they should probably apologise to the guys that had to clean it up.

but wanting to physically harm a CHILD! what in the hell is wrong with you people... what the girls did was wrong but goddamn! you people make me sick!

I will not even reply to that absoulute BS, That is a slap in the face for me, aned everyone else that wasted there time reading it.

Sorry Cement, but what was the "mesage' that you think these girls put across?

What an Effing Joke

Donk

Then why did you reply Donk?
This is the message coming from these girls, "we can't treat your war memorial with respect, because we don't believe war is any good, and we haven't been taught how to have respect for other people and their property. " Its simple mate.
I don't condone what they did.And If anyone tried to INVADE my country i'll be one of the first to fight.
I am telling you now Donk, bad kids come from bad parents.
I'm as sure as hell that the diggers wouldn't want kids running amuck like they are today.
And i'm also [deleted] sure that they wouldn't be that rapt in a country that just bands together and gets all patriot because of one day. They would like the Anzac SPIRIT to be alive and well EVERY day.
The diggers are well known for their tenacity and endurance under pressure. No matter what.
Are you going to vent all your pent up frustration and anger at some misled kids?
The best thing we can do for our country is to love and respect our kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
and yeah.... flogging them....

girls... because fo your misguided attempt to wish for peace... we are going to violently take out our anger at you because you are to young to fight back properly.
and by doing such we with to show you that you don't have a right to express an opinion but the only way we care is if you go all out to do it.

god i hate to say it.... but of all the outrage i have heard the RSL is the most "understanding" (for want of a better word) in wanting the girls to talk to vets and widows in order to understand why it was offensive.

-personally i might they should probably apologise to the guys that had to clean it up.

but wanting to physically harm a CHILD! what in the hell is wrong with you people... what the girls did was wrong but goddamn! you people make me sick!

Are you for real...??? Anyone with half a scrap of a brain who did half an ounce of research would realise just how far off the mark they were with comments like (ANZAC Murderers)... If you are 16 and don't understand that in doing this, you are going to do more damage to your cause than good, you need to re-evaluate the last 16 years and perhaps learn to pay just a little attention at school...

There is NO excuse for behavior like this, they should be punished to the fullest extent of the law and they or their parents should foot the bill for cleaning the shrine...

Forensic, YOU are the hypocrite! Every time you do gooders dribble the speil "everyone has the right to their own opinions" or "... freedom of speech" blah blah blah, it is used to shut-down and dispell someone elses opinions.... you hippies need to smoke a few doobies and work on some new rhetoric.

Im with the OPINION of most who subscribed to this thread, although I dont agree with the violence.... I would just dig a hole and bury em alive, and hopefully squeeze a few hippies in the ditch as well!

Last edited:
Forensic, YOU are the hypocrite! Every time you do gooders dribble the speil "everyone has the right to their own opinions" or "... freedom of speech" blah blah blah, it is used to shut-down and dispell someone elses opinions.... you hippies need to smoke a few doobies and work on some new rhetoric.

Im with the OPINION of most who subscribed to this thread, although I dont agree with the violence.... I would just dig a hole and bury em alive, and hopefully squeeze a few hippies in the ditch as well!

firstly, digging a hole and leaving someone in it to die, is kinda a step beyond violence.

so given i said, these girls have every right to express their opinions, even tho i think they went about it the wrong way.
you say i am wrong.

so you are saying this girls have no right to express their opinions, and that the only reason they chose to desecrate an ANZAC memorial is because they truly believe that the ANZACs are responsible for the actions they oppose?

cool, i wanna live in your world, where 16 year olds hae no right to opinions that don't reflect yours, and should get sentenced to death by starvation and the elements for even thinking it....

out of curosity are you one of the people that don't bat an eye lid when a turkish mosque gets desecrated on ANZAC day? or are they not one of "us"?

Are you for real...??? Anyone with half a scrap of a brain who did half an ounce of research would realise just how far off the mark they were with comments like (ANZAC Murderers)... If you are 16 and don't understand that in doing this, you are going to do more damage to your cause than good, you need to re-evaluate the last 16 years and perhaps learn to pay just a little attention at school...

There is NO excuse for behavior like this, they should be punished to the fullest extent of the law and they or their parents should foot the bill for cleaning the shrine...

yes, it is way off the mark when in reference to the actual ANZACs, but when gov't figures so eaily throw around ANZAC spirit in regard to all conflicts australian soldiers are in, and in the same breathe deny atrocities commited in them.... what message does it send.

i in no way said what the girls did or said was right, but before you start abusing and demanding retribution and death against these girls actually consider what they were trying to say.
to be honest, if we are looking at the MESSAGE in that they tried to put across, is that really against the ANZACs? i mean, isn't that essentially what we mean in "lest we forget"? that we should strive for peace?

oh, and you are telling me that a 16 year old always perfectly guesses a judgement call over expressing what they want? never as a teenager screwed up and ended up doing something you didnt really mean trying to do something else? coz tell you what, you'd have to be the only one

:rolleyes: Bogans! They should get an education and express themselves in a more decent and respectful way.

so you are saying this girls have no right to express their opinions, and that the only reason they chose to desecrate an ANZAC memorial is because they truly believe that the ANZACs are responsible for the actions they oppose?

No one has said that they don't have the right to voice their opinion (no matter how absurd and ill conceived it is), but they way in which they did it is inexcusable. I might not like the fact that you drive whatever make of car it is you drive, I can whinge and sook and moan like an annoying hippy if I wanted to, but if I was to paint your house with highly offensive messages the day before a big important event in your life was going to occur, it would be a little different.

In this case it is quite ironic, these girls obviously have no understanding of the fact that if not for these "ANZAC murderers" (I cringe to type that in any context), those girls would never have been born because their grandparents would have been tortured to death, instead of living what has been for quite some time and for now still is the best country in the world. Either that or they'd have been born in a country which was nothing like the wonderful place Australia is today and they certainly wouldn't have the freedom to express themselves as liberally as Australians can - that freedom came from the men who served to protect us (that is, defend us from invaders - certainly not go out with their own dreams of invasion, conquest and murder!). This is what adds insult to the injurious crime of vandalism. Having said that, what these girls did can only have been done out of ignorance - no one who understood the situation could possibly say those things about those people, so educating them is probably more appropriate than leaving them in a hole to die.

It is quite sad that such a huge proportion of Australia has turned its back on the values our country once held dear, and unfortunately, this country is on track to rapidly losing its position as best in the world, probably within the lifetimes of many of us. Unfortunately people just don't understand how lucky they are until it is no longer the case.

Lest we forget... well, unfortunately many have done so, all too quickly.

No one has said that they don't have the right to voice their opinion (no matter how absurd and ill conceived it is), but they way in which they did it is inexcusable. I might not like the fact that you drive whatever make of car it is you drive, I can whinge and sook and moan like an annoying hippy if I wanted to, but if I was to paint your house with highly offensive messages the day before a big important event in your life was going to occur, it would be a little different.
yes, the way they did it was wrong, not saying that it wasn't.
interesting that thinking the girls have a right to express their political beliefs makes me a hippy... i mean last i checked even king john says people (white people at least, like alan jones) have a right to say what they like, truth be damned too.... i even believe that caused more damage than these girls did....
but anyway, like i said.... i in noway said what they did was right, it is equally as bad as the australians desecrating the mosque (although no one was demanding they get flogged or murdered)
but i think the outrage here is a little bit beyond the scope of teenagers being insanely stupid, no matter how good intentioned they may have been

In this case it is quite ironic, these girls obviously have no understanding of the fact that if not for these "ANZAC murderers" (I cringe to type that in any context), those girls would never have been born because their grandparents would have been tortured to death, instead of living what has been for quite some time and for now still is the best country in the world. Either that or they'd have been born in a country which was nothing like the wonderful place Australia is today and they certainly wouldn't have the freedom to express themselves as liberally as Australians can - that freedom came from the men who served to protect us (that is, defend us from invaders - certainly not go out with their own dreams of invasion, conquest and murder!). This is what adds insult to the injurious crime of vandalism.
okay.... i don't recall a text book saying the turks were going to invade us, nor do i recall the turks torturing their grandparents to death, although i do remember my great grandfather saying they used to talk to each other on christmas day across trenches (he wasn't an ANZAC, was british infantry)
also, i don't think them dying helped make australia a better place, in fact i am quite certain them NOT dying would have made it better.
but i mean aside from your mis reading points of history on the turkish invasion of australia, like the girls misunderstanding that not all actions the australian armed forces take part in are the ANZACS, no matter how much howard tries to imply it about iraq.

Having said that, what these girls did can only have been done out of ignorance - no one who understood the situation could possibly say those things about those people, so educating them is probably more appropriate than leaving them in a hole to die.
i agree... although what they clearly MEANT to convey is more than valid.
and i think the people calling for their deaths should be amongst those you said are tuning their backs

It is quite sad that such a huge proportion of Australia has turned its back on the values our country once held dear, and unfortunately, this country is on track to rapidly losing its position as best in the world, probably within the lifetimes of many of us. Unfortunately people just don't understand how lucky they are until it is no longer the case.
yes i agree, and had we not forgotten we wouldn't be fighting an unjust war, or dealing with politicians point scoring of dead men, and the girls wouldn't have had the need to do what they did.

Lest we forget... well, unfortunately many have done so, all too quickly.

that last statement makes no sense.... it is GOOD that many of us have done so....
in context it means that we shouldn't forget.

Ungrateful scum like that should be deported.

i mean, i wouldn't put it past john howard to deport australian citizens, he has done it before of course....

but what exactly does stripping somene of citezenship for doing something you don't agree with say about being a citizen here.

the day we take citizenship off someone for disagreeing with the gov't/mainstream, is the day everything the ANZACs fought for dies.
seeing as i am told they fought for freedom and democracy, you know those things we keep having taken from us by gov'ts saying they are protecting it

yes, it is way off the mark when in reference to the actual ANZACs, but when gov't figures so eaily throw around ANZAC spirit in regard to all conflicts australian soldiers are in, and in the same breathe deny atrocities commited in them.... what message does it send.

i in no way said what the girls did or said was right, but before you start abusing and demanding retribution and death against these girls actually consider what they were trying to say.
to be honest, if we are looking at the MESSAGE in that they tried to put across, is that really against the ANZACs? i mean, isn't that essentially what we mean in "lest we forget"? that we should strive for peace?

oh, and you are telling me that a 16 year old always perfectly guesses a judgement call over expressing what they want? never as a teenager screwed up and ended up doing something you didnt really mean trying to do something else? coz tell you what, you'd have to be the only one

IMO, this has nothing to do with a judgment call... It is a blatant act of stupidity and ignorance. As a kid, I had ideals/dreams/messages I wanted to put out to the world; as a kid I knew defacing public property, especially a shrine (be it ANZAC, Muslim, Catholic or whatever, a place of worship is just that) was NOT the way to get empathy for my cause... As a kid, I was aware of media avenues, state/local members for parliament and this WITHOUT the internet... My family instilled the basic values and the public education system backed that up by teaching me the where and how of expressing your opinion. There ARE avenues and they are readily available, this is inexcusable and I still say they should face the full brunt of the law...

BTW, atrocities of war will always be there as long as governments engage in armed combat. The incidence of said atrocities will undoubtedly increase since we now have gone soft on training our newest recruits... For fear of a lawsuit, the government has decided that challenging the psychological integrity of it's personnel and weeding out those unsuitable to perform under the pressures associated with armed combat is no longer paramount... Members of our armed forces who break the rules of engagement are unworthy of the esteem associated with the term 'ANZAC' and should be prosecuted and dealt the full force of the laws at hand...

Yes, I'm an ex serviceman. Yes, I'm in favour of compulsory national service for those disinclined to get a job after school is done (max 6 months of fluffing about on my taxes). No, I have no time for brats who's parents have failed to instill basic values, to the detriment of society as a whole...

I don't care what there beliefs are they are entiled to what ever they want to think/believe. Their actions are a totally different matter.

IMO, this has nothing to do with a judgment call... It is a blatant act of stupidity and ignorance. As a kid, I had ideals/dreams/messages I wanted to put out to the world; as a kid I knew defacing public property, especially a shrine (be it ANZAC, Muslim, Catholic or whatever, a place of worship is just that) was NOT the way to get empathy for my cause... As a kid, I was aware of media avenues, state/local members for parliament and this WITHOUT the internet... My family instilled the basic values and the public education system backed that up by teaching me the where and how of expressing your opinion. There ARE avenues and they are readily available, this is inexcusable and I still say they should face the full brunt of the law...

BTW, atrocities of war will always be there as long as governments engage in armed combat. The incidence of said atrocities will undoubtedly increase since we now have gone soft on training our newest recruits... For fear of a lawsuit, the government has decided that challenging the psychological integrity of it's personnel and weeding out those unsuitable to perform under the pressures associated with armed combat is no longer paramount... Members of our armed forces who break the rules of engagement are unworthy of the esteem associated with the term 'ANZAC' and should be prosecuted and dealt the full force of the laws at hand...

Yes, I'm an ex serviceman. Yes, I'm in favour of compulsory national service for those disinclined to get a job after school is done (max 6 months of fluffing about on my taxes). No, I have no time for brats who's parents have failed to instill basic values, to the detriment of society as a whole...

yes, it is a blatant act of stupidity and ignorance.... 2 characteristics teenagers are great at...
and you seem to think this should earn them a death sentance....
well.... gee.... isn't australia a great place to be...

yes, it is a blatant act of stupidity and ignorance.... 2 characteristics teenagers are great at...
and you seem to think this should earn them a death sentance....
well.... gee.... isn't australia a great place to be...

I don't believe I ever said they should die for their actions... And teenagers who are 'good' at stupidity and ignorance of this level are teenagers who have either not been taught basic values or who have chosen to ignore them... Just my opinion of course...

FWIW, I'm a parent of 3 beautiful kids... Because I am instilling values, I am watching them grow up as well adjusted kids and I can say with a whole load of certainty, my kids would never do anything of this nature...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back