To the ANZAC's Thank you for your Sacrifice.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saying 'thanks' doesn't seem enough. We are indebted to these people.

Since my hubby and I have been together (11 or so years) we travelled into Sydney for the dawn service every year. Now with 3 young kids we just go to our local service. We make the effort every year, rain, hail or shine. If the diggers can do what they did, this is the least we can do to show our thanks and respect.

My hubby and I got married the day after ANZAC day, (6 years ago) I deliberately chose the 26th so he wouldn't forget our anniversary!

It is, in part, due to these brave men & women that we enjoy the freedom & wonderful life that we do today. Some gave their lives, others their time but ALL have my enduring respect. With every fibre of my being, I say " Thank you. You are the very embodiment of heroism."

I never got to meet my great grandad on my mums side, he went off to the war and came back alive, but was then killed at work about a month later... When I was in scouts I used to march with his medals... and yes, "The Last Post" does pull at the strings, I'll be up at dawn even though I won't be able to make it to the city for the service.

Thank you ANZACS and all other service men and women, we are indebted to you for all you have sacrificed. We enjoy freedom because of your valiant efforts.

Lest We Forget.

To BlindSnake, there is a lot of pride in your post, thanks for sharing.

Oh yeah, Im a son of a Vet and damn pround of it!!!!

One of my great child hood memories are of being with my Dad and his mates on ANZAC day, standing around a fire holding a tinny and telling Nam stories.

Oh yeah, Im a son of a Vet and damn pround of it!!!!

One of my great child hood memories are of being with my Dad and his mates on ANZAC day, standing around a fire holding a tinny and telling Nam stories.

Yeah Im a son of a Vet myself.
Have you ever been to the Vets retreat at Pandanus Park FNQ?
Its about 100kms north of Laura (2 hours ish from Cooktown).

They have about 60 acres of river frontage, only Vets and their family allowed.

They hold a few events a year up there.
I was up there for the anniversary of The Battle Of Long Tan, best camping trip of my life.
By night, sitting around a camp fire with SAS, Tunnel Rats ect, the stories send chills down your spine.
By day herping some of the best country side and Barra fishing.

Last edited:
I have fond memories of my late father in law marching on Anzac day with my husband and son, 3 generation. The goose bumps, pride and emotion that the day produced was amazing. We are so thankful to all the brave man and woman that have strived to give us the lifestyle that so many of us take for granted. We miss Dad each and every day but tomorrow will be a special day with special memories for us.
Lest we forget...

My grandfather was a Sergeant with the British Army (Paratrooper) and was also a POW. I'm lucky enough to have his medals and his beret and I will wear them with pride tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yeah Im a son of a Vet myself.
Have you ever been to the Vets retreat at Pandanus Park FNQ?
Its about 100kms north of Laura (2 hours ish from Cooktown).

They have about 60 acres of river frontage, only Vets and their family allowed.

They hold a few events a year up there.
I was up there for the anniversary of The Battle Of Long Tan, best camping trip of my life.
By night, sitting around a camp fire with SAS, Tunnel Rats ect, the stories send chills down your spine.
By day herping some of the best country side and Barra fishing.

No havn't heard of it before. I've been to a reunion at Pucka, was great to see where Dad did his training.
Might have to tell the old man about it and see if we can go.
The thing with the stories that they tell that gets me is what they are telling you, really happened, yet they laugh and joke about it.

Oh and before I forget, lets have a thought for the fuzzy wuzzy angels that helped the diggers keep the Japs out of Australia. Without them WW2 might have had a different outcome for Australia.

ps: i myself was in the army for 2 years 3 mths... so i understand the need to respect out diggers... i know i'll be buying them a beer and listening to their stories ....

They shall grow not old,
As we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them,
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning,
We will remember them.

Lest We Forget.

To all our heroes who have passed, I thank you.
To all our heroes still with us, I thank you.
To all our heroes still abroad, I thank you.

My Great Grandfather died on Hill 60 at Gallipoli, and my husbands Uncle died at Kokoda. May they rest in peace.

Amen.

Oh and before I forget, lets have a thought for the fuzzy wuzzy angels that helped the diggers keep the Japs out of Australia. Without them WW2 might have had a different outcome for Australia.

I'm glad someone has remembered these wonderful people. They kept our boys alive all over Dutch New Guinea. Thank you.

And we must also remember the National Servicemen, who held Dutch New Guinea for 8 months before the regular Army got there. Most of whom volunteered to stay to for the duration. Thank you.

just got back from the dawn service now. going to be going to march in 2 hours time.

lest we forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back