To the ANZAC's Thank you for your Sacrifice.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lest we forget, my grandfather was in changi, I went there last year and bawled my eyes out.

Lest we forget and may ANZAC day commemorations continue to grow well into the future.

Today is the best day in SEQ, the weather is perfect, thank you to all of our past and present diggers for letting us enjoy such a beautiful country on a day like this.

To live on in the hearts and minds of descendants is to never die...

Long live the memory of our ANZAC men and women

God Bless, Amen.

I can't think of anyone more heroic than these people - past and present. What courage.
My kids and nephews all march with my Grandfather's medals now that he has passed. It's so good to see such strong support from all generations on this speacial day.

TO ALL DIGGERS - THANK YOU FOR THE SACRIFICES YOU HAVE MADE FOR US. WE MAY NEVER MEET, YET YOU HAVE GIVEN SO MUCH FOR ME!

This day marks the anniversary of the landing at Gallipoli. Like hundreds of thousands of our fellow citizens, who gather at memorials in cities, suburbs and towns across Australia, we will have gone there to commemorate one of the most significant events in our national calendar.
In recent years some commentators have expressed amazement at the fact that the observance of ANZAC day continues to draw record crowds. However, those who are surprised by this fact show that they understand very little about our national character and the way in which it comes to affect all who settle in this country, even those who have lived here for just a short while.
For younger generations, it is some times difficult to understand why it is with gratitude that we should remember, but we have enjoyed the benefits of the peace and easy existence, which was purchased at the cost of many lives. We have never had to risk anything ourselves, or chance our loved ones to the dangers of war. But, for older generations of Australians, remembering such things is easier. War and death came far too frequently into their lives, as the men and women of our armed forces saw active service in turkey, France, Palestine, the Middle East, Malaya, New Guinea, Borneo, Korea and Vietnam.

Here here..

LEST WE FORGET

These great men and women who give us the freedom we have today..

LEST WE FORGET

ANZAC. Shall live on forever.

Attachments

• Image044.jpg
    Image044.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 75
  • P1000384.jpg
    P1000384.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Photo 71.jpg
    Photo 71.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 53
  • P1010157.jpg
    P1010157.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 73
Anzacs

On behalf of all those before me,beside me and after me,i would like to thank you all for your thoughts,wishes and rememberences for those of us that serve.

THANK YOU ALL

Lest we forget.........................just thinking about it makes me teary :'(

there's just not enough ways to express how thankful i am..........these brave brave soldiers have risked/taken their lives for our freedom.

THANK YOU

Last edited:
Beautiful day for our national pride and rememberance.
Lest we forget.

lest we forget

both of my grand parents were involved with the war and i remember the march they were so proud to be in

now i attend the dawn service wearing their medals

not enough respect is given to the people that fought for this country

I'm amazed at the amount people that start explaining anzac day to me here because I'm a kiwi and must not know what it is, they seem more shocked than me when I say that anzac day is just as big in New Zealand, does no one know what it stands for?!
(A quick hint, the NZ in aNZac stands for New Zealand :shock:)

I'm amazed at the amount people that start explaining anzac day to me here because I'm a kiwi and must not know what it is

Aussies and Kiwis will always have a friendly rivalry, sports ect.
In saying that, there will always be the ANZAC bond between us.

As ssssnakeman said, the amount of young posters in this thread (21 and under) is fantastic.
Im very impressed by the respect the young members have shown, its great to see.

Awesome Day, I went to the dawn service at 6 RAR then marched through Brisbane with the rest of the Battalion then back to the boozer to meet up with some old vets and some old mates, spin some yarns over a few ales and catch up with people we haven't see in ages.
Thankyou to all the people who turned out in Brisbane and supported our troops both past and present.
Anytime, Anywhere Lest We Forget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back