Too cute!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barbed_wire_dove

Reaction score
I walked in to my room last night to go to bed
and came across my partner Simon, and our little lorrikeet Pak...
They were so cute cuddled up, asleep together, i had to take a photo!!

DSC_0322.jpg

OMGOSH! That IS cute, Look at the colours of that Lorrikeet! Rarely seen in captives, all the ones I've seen have been quite dull.

hehe, he's not really captive...
we've had him since he hatched (he got taken off someone who was mistreating them and i was working at the vet him and his siblings got sent to) he needed 24 hr care, so he came home with me.
But hes never been caged, and never had his wings clipped or anything, he just hangs around the house by choice :)
he's welcome to fly away and find a home elsewhere anytime he likes.
He often goes to the park next door and hangs out with the other lorrikeets but he always seems to come back at dinnertime hehe.

aww how sweet. I looked after a disabled lorrikeet for a while. the neighbours brought him over one day saying the found him under their trailer... no idea what they thought I was supposed to do with him. Anyway he couldn't use his legs and I thought he was minutes away from a stress death so I put him in a dark place wraped in a hand towel (head was still poking out) 2 hours later he was bright and chirpy and calling, still paralised though.

so he survived for a year in a cage with a chicken wire bottom and a mesh off the ground platform, he was put in the garage at night and out on the grass in the day. I spoon fed him watered honey and gave him baths and ate tropical musley and he got native plants to chew on. I named him "Bird" lol. He chatted to the cockatiels and wild lorrikeets and got back alot of use in his legs, but still had to drag himself around, was a lovely chatty bird... Came home one day and he had died, out of the blue, I wasn't too upset because I was just making his life better and I didn't expect him to live for long.

aww. birds are weird like that, one day they are fine and they next turn up dead...
its awesome that you looked after him for so long :D
and "bird" is a good name lol. very fitting.
The vet thought Pak would probly end up deformed or with problems because his parents were really malnourished and sick. But so far hes been perfectly fine... he took a little longer than normal to grow tail feathers, but thats all!

yeah it was "the bird" I was reluctant to get attatched and give him a name, but it eventually merged into his name and I got attatched lol. I think he may have been tame, from day one he didn't make a HUGE fuss about being handled or bathed. Though animals have a weird ability to know when you're helping them too...

I dunno what happened to him, they said the found him under the parked trailer cause the dog was parking at it, could have gotten "drunk" on the native trees, which they seem to do often, and crashed into a window...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back