Vet to treat injured Wildlife, Darling Downs area

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shelby

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a Wildlife Carer, yesterday (18-10-10) i got handed a badly injured Shingleback, it needs to have it's lower jaw plated back together and 1+ plates in it's top jaw/head, apart from the injuries to it's mouth/head area, it's in good condition and is a good size, it was aparently injured a few days ago and the people took their time in bringing it to us,
I would love to take it to a local Toowoomba Vet but they will charge me for consult, meds, surgery etc, the costs just keep piling up, does anyone know of a Darling Downs vet that would be willing to patch it up for a minimal charge or no cost, i'm very happy to have this animal in care for as long as it need to be, i dont want to see this animal put to sleep but unfortunaly i fear it is my only option unless one of you wise people could help me out,
Thanks for taking a few minutes to read this and hopefully someone can help me out,
either PM me here or email me at [email protected]
Thank You!

You've tried calling them all I take it? I have a vet who helps me out in Brisbane but that might be a bit far, we have a deal where he just charges me for the medication he used. Does your local government have any kind of rebate system where you can be reimbursed for your expenses?
Best of luck, hope you find someone soon

Thank You for your help, I have fortunatly found a "snake mad" vet local to me, purely by chance he was mentioned to me, after speaking with him, he offered to stitch it up, so it was an early morning dash across to him, the lizard looks a lot better now, the vet wasnt giving high odds on it's survival chances, due to the incredible amount of damage to it's skull bone, but 24 hours after surgery it's still alive, so i'll be taking it day by day and i'm hopeful that one day sometime in the future it can be released, i'll try to load a before and after pic,

.Thanks again to the people who offered advice,

could you please pass this vets details on to me either on here or email me at [email protected] as i am also a wildlife carer living SOR and am always on the lookout for a reptile vet that will treat wildlife.
Hope all goes well with the little one.

just wanted to let you know that unfortunatly the Shingleback didnt survive the night, :-( atleast i tried.

Good on you for trying.
Sorry about the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back