Victoria to consider child pet ban

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY GOT.
Now I understand why we have in Australia political geniuses in parlament LOL
Great voters=great politician.

I have a sugestion, Please send me 100 for each pet you own to prove that you can keep your pet healthy please. This way you will save on GST. I will not tell.
and everybody can be happy. I will hehe.
I am sure that Ican keep eye on bad pet owners with same efect as goverment body. ''''collect money and do nothing,,,,

ok slatey lets remove licences from reptiles...its the same thing isnt it? :roll:

Slatey your basically saying npws does nothing with our license fees, look a bit closer to what npws does.

I've been saying for years there should be a license system for dogs, when you see a bag full of lab pups dumped in a river it really gives you the s@#ts.
People paying a license fee would stop alot of the half arsed pet owners from doing stuff like that.

Zoe there are licences for reptiles because they are a native animal, and if people collected them from the wild, the wild populations may become threatened, and eventually..worse.
A good example is Varanus semiremex, it was heavily collected for the pet trade in the 60's I think, and apparently was once a common species, now you are lucky to find one!

Permits for Native wildlife is totally different than those for domestic animals...

yeah but what im saying brodes is that slatey seems to make out that the licences are purely there to give the govt money...so therefore if thats so then why bother having them?

oh and there's no reason why you need to have licences to OWN reptiles in order to make a law saying you can't collect them from the wild is there?

There is a reason Zoe, because if you didnt need a licence to keep reptiles, who would know that you took them from the wild in the first place?

Licence? I can live with that.
To colect money and pretend that the money are returned back in services benefiting animals, I am not born yesterday.
It work same as speeding fine penalty.
Huge revenue colected for the goverment with excuse to public that they saving our lives.
Point system and licence remooval is doing the same thing with out greedy money grabing. If parents have to pay havy fines, they spend money they could use for family benefit.
Saving lives ? bull....

Yes zoe. I paid for the speeding fine 2 years ago too. Not happy.
No point to argue here. I understand that you have different opinion and you like to be charged for nearly all you do. I respect that, this is your wiew you are welcome to have it.
I think that you can let me to be different and have different opinion. I dont like to lose all my civil rights and pay all fees, levy and extra taxes when ever goverment decide to collect it from me. We will be charged one day for breathing the air.

I understand that you have different opinion and you like to be charged for nearly all you do

EXCUSE ME?!? thats an unfair statement who LIKES to be charged?!? the difference is that i would happily pay the fee if it meant some drongo down the street couldnt own a pet. yet YOU would let them still have one just to save yourself $100, even if the animal was to be mistreated. well i'm happy where i stand. :evil:

GO ANIMAL RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::):):)

OH Zoe. People who mistreat animals would anyway do this and not to care about any licence or fee.
They will keep it ilegal as people in herp keeping. You are so nice person, but naive if you think that by giving money to goverment you will stop anything like that. All this will only boom black market.
To stop little kids to give guinea pig to their friends with out perants pay $ 100 sound so redicules to me.
No Hard feeling Zoe. When you get older you mabe see things bit different. I know that you meen well.

i only pay $25 dollars for my reptile licence a year only cause i get consession but thats not the point and $100 just to keep a pet seems to much for me. alot of people might have that money and still treat there animals crap.like i don't even have that sort of money to throw around but if my animals got sick i would throw away the bills and get my animal seen too. but i get paid alot less then all of you's here i only get $211 every fortnight. and i make sure i budget my money really well. most of my pay goes on my animals to keep them heathy and happy. i'm lucky to be left with $20 to myself but i don't really care. i'm happy with my animals and what i do for them.

i still think people should have a type of exam to see if people are competant enough to look after another life, be it human, animal, plant even!

if you can't look after it DON'T GET IT!

zoe can probley agree, in the vet industry you see things that others don't.....not pretty
putting down a puppy cause it barks?
putting down a cat cause it has fur?
putting down a dog cause it wont sit for its owner?
finding a garbage bag full of puppys?
finding a garbage bag full of drowned puppys?

(don't worry i didn't let any of these happen, i took custody of the animals till they were re-homed, except the drowned puppys.....i was to late for them)

but don't you see?
PEOPLE ARE INCONSIDERATE POO BUMS

Bryony said:
zoe can probley agree, in the vet industry you see things that others don't.....not pretty
putting down a puppy cause it barks?
putting down a cat cause it has fur?
putting down a dog cause it wont sit for its owner?
finding a garbage bag full of puppys?
finding a garbage bag full of drowned puppys?

exactly bryony. some sort of test is the LEAST that should be done. i mean really...killing your pet because it drops fur? what did you think it was gonna do?!? do you really think these people should be allowed to have animals?

Slateman said:
...but naive if you think that by giving money to goverment you will stop anything like that

like i said slatey, its not a matter of who you're paying it to, its the fact that these people that wont even fork out for a worm tablet are less likely to get them if they have to pay $100 a year for them. im not saying that it is going to free the world from animal cruelty, but i do think that people are more likely to take better care of their animals if they pay a lot for them (a gtp for eg like i said earlier). and impulse buying or buying for a friend would probably be the highest likelihood of pets being dumped so if they have to get a licence before their first pet then they have to go home and think about it for a while. and hey, if more people were "naive" then maybe that law would already be in place lol :wink: .

No Hard feeling Zoe

ditto :D . we're both too stubborn to change our minds so lets leave it at that hey lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back