Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

W.T.BUY

What did You Think of Mac Herps and did you purchase anything? I was little bit dissapointed with it this year although i dont know if that was because i came 40 mins late. I was hoping for a few more rarer stuff for sale. Was tempted on a little hatchy pair of N.amyae but were only 3 weeks old so i might just wait for the castel hill one comming up.

Really disappointed, came with $700. spent nothing.

i was after a jungle or a bredli or a blonde mac or a normal coastal. Not asking for much, just nice quality ones like people sell on these forums. pfffft either they weren't selling them at all or they were the most ugly ones of the clutch.

If you wanted a mac or a black headed python or a striped coastal or blue tongues or a dragon or a turtle then you were fine.

But cmon, one table had 7 geckos and that's all the geckos you can choose from.
3 tables close to each other with pygmy dragons selling at 50 or 70 or 80 bucks, who do you think sold the most?
Only 1 decent jungle which was snapped up straight away, the rest of the jungles were rejects really
3-4 Bredli hatchlings which looked ugly, Mr.Bredli is selling much more better quality than that one guy had.
Snake ranch had no stock to sell, just show animals.

Much more better just buying off this site as much more better quality snakes and cheaper.
People were buying some ugly looking snakes paying overpriced for them as well, i just dont get it

And no one looked like needing to sign up to mac herps society, people were buying with just lisence details, no society details.

Last edited:
disappointing, disappointing, disappointing. total waste of the $25 entry (family). makes me think twice about going to the castle hill expo now.

Last year was alot better. I was surprised at the lack of quality animals on show. Still looking forward to castle hill though.

Very very disapointing this year. Never again will my mates and I make the long trip this event. Only half of what was there last year, all stalls were over priced and had No specials at all and the animals were mostly poor quality.:(

Lets hope Castle Hill can get theirs right!!!!!:)

would have to agree with all above comments .
did not see much to get excited about .a few nice blackheads but not much else .
not sure why snake ranch were there .just display animals .
guess we will hear more later on what went wrong

If it was anything like the Vic expo. IMO they are held to early in the year.
Most breeders dont have their animals up and feeding and ready for sale.

If the expos were held in April, there would be more animals ready for sale.

A bit dissapointing, was particularly disgusted with the apparent condition of some baby blueys that were selling for $20 each, all skin and bones, i mean really how hard is it to feed an animal especially a bluey before offering it for sale....

Ben

All in all i think it was good for people that were getting their first reptile. (heaps of central beardies and Pygmy beardies and bluies etc....) Not so good looking for rarer stuff. Although They has some NICE diamonds there VERY yellow. (not sure if they were for sale.)

wasnt to bad got the keeping and ...python book aswell as joining the mac society and got a orange phase central beardy which is doing fine in its new set up eating 8 crickets so far and now is basking under its heat light. ...although some things were cheaper at one table like pygmys they were very young compared to the $70-80 ones.

would have been good to see some more dragons and gecko's there maybe some more stands actually selling stuf most of the lizard stands had the exact same things same with the snakes...and the mid day show would be interesting for little kids but thats about it....

I enjoyed the atmosphere but the quality for sale wasnt as good as last year I am glade I wasnt going there to buy a snake.

I loved Kel and Julies snakes especially their diamonds, they will be on my wish list in a couple of years.

The prices were very high and not many displays compared to the previous year, maybe later in the year would be better.

I got some nice photos of some of the display snakes though.

Common, I feel you are being a bit harsh.
They cannot be held responsible for the sort of animals that there are for sale or have any control of it.Same as the stores that pay to be there and at what price they sell their stock.
I really enjoyed myself and felt that there was a great display of animals.

OK probably wasn't quite as good as last year, but very enjoyable just the same.

I went up for a few hours today , for the first time , and thought it was good way to spend a sunday arvo , plenty to see , not over crowded ....put a few faces to some names .
Better than sitting home all day watching the tele IMO

it was pretty average ,but i managed to buy a russel grant line jungle from brad walker,hopefully castle hill will make up for those who wanted more variety and quality of animals

I must say this was my first Herp Expo visit & I was a little disappointed.

It would have been good if the exhibitors had signs so we knew what we were looking at. It would have also been good if there was someone there to ask questions.

I was not happy with the condition of the blue tongues either when I saw them & I saw young kids purchasing them like they were toys......

The little Pygmys for $50 were tiny & very dark in colour. Looked like they had never had a UV on them but that is just my opinion. I went there with money to spend & came home very disappointed but at least not poor.

The only other observation I made was that the reptile shops had their enclosures & some were alot cheaper than they normally are.

Anyway, it was still good to see other peoples herps, they are all special in their own way!

I
The little Pygmys for $50 were tiny & very dark in colour. Looked like they had never had a UV on them but that is just my opinion

Im sorry but that comment makes no sense. 1stly because the amount of UV given to animal does not affect its colour. As well as the fact that they were young and as most dragons do (especially small ones do) was that they were probably sulking. I know some of my dragons wont eat when there areto many people in my reptile room.

What a great thread, everyone having ago at the sellers reptiles :rolleyes:

OOhhh and I bought three reptiles.

2 x levis...thanks Gecko:)
And a gorgeous childreni...thanks shanes aussie pythons!

i liked the turtles the ones that were around in the commercial area but unfortunately they were class 2 species and wernt for sale...

first time ive seen an albino olive and all i can say is i want one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back