What goes where?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kakariki

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if Death Adders are native to SA? And what other types of snake, python & ven, should be here? A friend has been hatching & releasing Diamonds & MDs [with the blessing of DPE] and has mentioned she saw Death Adders up near Renmark at one time. Cheers for your help....

Why would they be releasing diamonds in an area the dont exist?

That's why I posted this thread. Apparently Diamonds were once native to the hills area. I am curious to know what other types have been seen & what should be here. The death adder was seen at Renmark & we don't know if it is a native resident or an escapee. See where I am going with this? Native vs escapee?
We know we have Browns, Tigers, Red Belly Blacks, Copperheads but what else??

Still why are you realeasing captive bred snakes into the wild.. disease threat !!!!

If he is so called releasing snakes into the wild that don't exist their naturally, should he therefor no what animals are native to the area.... sounds suss.

Diamonds are native to the east coast.

Does he know what he's doing,

Yes, adders are found in SA, but diamonds DEFINITLEY are not.!!

Im with gillsy on this one, sounds very sus indeed.

I dought very much that Parks and wildlife in SA would allow the release of captive bred snakes back into the wild, especially diamonds that have NEVER naturally occoured there.

There are a number of elapids found in SA, some, like the Bardick, are awsome critters.

Yeah, tell him it's not an adder but a local diamond variety, they get short and stout over in SA with alot of red in them.

Tell us how he goes with handling it.

By releasing non exesting species you are altering the biota of the area
as well as possiably introducing pathogens that would not normally exist
in that particular environment

well kakariki...stated her friend saw Death Addrers up near Renmark
....stated....her friend hatched & released Murray Darlings & Diamonds

dont think she stated...the diamonds were being released there? or where?
& members are in a tizz

im not great with explaining things..........but now ive got your attention
she only asked .......what species should be here?

Well, if they can release diamonds and murray darlings and no the natural range of them you think they'd be able to get a reptile identifcation book

I was sus about the Diamonds too, but I don't know. That's why I'm asking. Surely the DPE wouldn't allow it if it wasn't right? And I am not sure where abouts in SA she is releasing the diamonds. I know the MDs are in the hills area. She is a knowledgeable person, she has other breeds and is a wildlife carer. I must admit I don't know her well though. My main query was, as d/l stated, what should be here? Thanks for the replies so far.
Gillsy, it is ME that is asking the qs, not them. I want to know for my own knowledge. ;)

if she was releasing diamonds she would be in alot of strife, maybe you should ask her directly before post this? just a thought.

Very, very sus.

Oh, and yes Death Adders are found pretty much everywhere in Aust except the fringes. Check this out.

fige-56.gif

I will Levio4. I did think it odd when I was told. Thanks FNQ.

What is that showing? is grey where they are found or not found? doesnt make sense.

I presume the grey would be where they are found...as the rest of the world is white..;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back