Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

indicus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Heres two species that have decided its a good thing to living around our yard, one a legless lizard...Delma tincta?, what a beautiful leggless lizard, you can see how small its hind legs are, ....The gecko a residient of the shed; Oedura castelnaui, northern velvet, is common around here... the asian house gecko gets a run for its money,...the velvets chase these guy's...So lets here or see what species lives in your backyard?...skinks, snakes, lizards, frogs.... Its good to see what herps live in,..and how they cope with all the dangers suburbia has to offer... :)

Nice, i have some eastern bluies hanging around my place.

Where do you live? Looks like a scalyfoot legless lizard. I've caught one of those and a burtons legless lizard here in Sydney. The burton's loved to chow down on skinks. Awesome gecko.
One of the best snakes I caught here are golden crowns. The gold pattern almost looks like embroidery, and pink bellies. Wish they grew bigger.
Most odd at my house though was a shingleback about 10 years ago. Wierd find for the beaches.

we got these guys in our back yard,sort of, and i think they are here to stay,i didnt take this pic but these swamp skinks are hard to find on short notice,,,lol,they're endangered here, im not sure of populations elsewhere though,,also i love the small eyed snakes that are not to far from here to
baz

The most I get in my backyard are eastern blueys and that is provided I get to them before the dog does.

A lazy flatmate lives at my house!!!

DSC00133.jpg

No scalyfoots here mate, not on the tablelands....not to my knowledge. Burtons however are very common....we do get crown snakes, what varity i wouldnt have a clue....
That swamp skink looks gorgeous!!!.....
Leaftails, have to say one of my favourites, very common in the rainforests here(cornutus)...i used to live in a small hippy house(built in early 70's) in the rainforest, moss covered walls complete with leaftails...their the best in my books, insane....
Great to see some of you do have some interesting yard inhabitants.....other than lazy flatmates, could trade him in on a few bluies... :)

Yeah looks like a hooded scalyfoot, look at the pattern on the back half of him,you get them on the tablelands.

Other then the 2 juvenile brown snakes i found (least that what i thought they were, i have no idea with venomous) just your regular blueys.

I have found some bluies, beardies, a million and one asian house gex in my yard. Last year I found 3 carpets doin the wild thing in the bat colony behind my house.

Handy for herps to have a bat coloney in the backyard :) ...Pike, thanks for that, i was under the impression scalyfoots were not here,..hence i though they were delmas,...back to the books.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back