Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have venomous Blueis and garden skinks in my yard, Ive had to call the police 17 times this summer!! :shock: :lol:

LOL Inny, I haven't been sent to your place yet. ;-):D

We have a few Ta-ta dragons ( longirostris ) that hang out in the garden and heaps of geckos. Not much else cause our 2 staffies keep everything away.

Womas, those Ta-ta's are awesome,....when first working in Hedland, i was working on a ladies house. I would find the Ta-Ta's very distracting....Often i'd find instead of working, i had spent sometime watching the antic's of these lizards....people would go about their business, unaware of the disputes being played out in their yard....alot of head-bobbing and arm waving,...serious stuff if your a Ta Ta, trying to protect your turf,.....very amusing to watch... :lol:

What lives at my place?Probably heaps more than i think....i get lots of bts,found a fresh shed in my shed and another 2 days later,just saw an at least 6 foot taipan the other day and at least 5 other smaller taipans pus tails of snakes i could only guess at,regular garden variety macs,almost caught a hatchy or juvy Nth Qld Spotted tree monitor a while back..first one i've seen,huge variety of skinks and frogs,a few different native gecko species,gts are pretty common,eastern browns are common,rbbs,Proserpine carpets rot uncommon,red napes and crown snakes have seen a few,burtons not so common plus a few more but they are what i se quite regularly just outside my house without really herping or looking for snakes in particular which i do everywhere i go anyway.

I know there's heaps more here i haven't seen and have seen other different reptiles just around the corner but never actually seen them in my yard yet,but i am on acerage.I have guinea fouls here which aren't mine but they spend most of their time and roost here and they're very efficient snake killers,one peck and a brown snake is cut in two...still i get to see heaps of wild herps as well as bloody toads and house geckos,native ducks,the odd mongrel dingo,heaps of pretty faced wallabies....I'm very lucky and happy to be living where i do.Although i don't have wild Cape Yorks that i feed hanging off my rodent cages :wink: Sorry no pics :(

Now thats my type of backyard Browns,....you dont even need snake cages!!!....a high fence around the property should be ample..... :D , sounds like a great neibourhood :mrgreen:

sounds like a great neibourhood
Yeah it's not bad huh :wink: Although for herps i'd be up your neck of the neighbourhood any time :D

Well i live behind a creek in sydney and have a large ewd (3ft +) that swims in my pool every night!!!! He is heaps tame and will swim right up to you if you are in the pool.
Also got heaps of bluies, broad tailed geckos, laccies, and heaps of red-belly black snakes (always chasing my dog?), as well as heaps of wandering eastern long-neck turtles around the yard!!!

Half your luck browns, having all those critters in your back yard. I wish we had such variety in suburbia Sydney.

We have Brown Snakes, Sleepy Lizards, Goannas, tiny little Bats, Dunnarts(marsupial mice with full sets of teeth top and bottom jaw), Geckos, Legless Lizards, and probably more that I can't think of this time of night. And also Fuscus outside in his Bus/Campervan thingy. LOL! Luv his photography.

I agree with you Danny and even though some books show them as not occuring there, Indicus home is close enough to the known range and therefore its not really surprising as the habitat there is very similar. Besides the less vivid body pattern they don't look a hell of alot different than the nigreceps we find over here.
I found an interesting one at Mt Garnit a few years ago which I coundn't identify.

The eastern form and the western form are quite similar (keeled scales, broader head). The central form (niriceps nigriceps) is much shinier (no keeled scales) and is rounder around the snout and thinner for the same body length. Colour varies a lot. I have seen a shraderi from Mt Isa that was silver with black spots. Awesome animal.

Um,
Green Tree Snakes, Green Tree Frogs, about another 7 Litoria species. 4 families of Eastern Blue Tongues of all sizes and colours.
Nobbys, WDs, a few different species of those little tiny skinks, Long necked Turtles.
We've had all sorts of things at our back door. Like Echidnas, Sugar Gliders, lots of Blueys, Kookaburras with a stolen sausage, and one day with a tiny flower pot. Hatchling Turtles who lost there way to the creek in the rain. Bower Birds, Herrons, little funny Quail like runners, a fox (!) cheeky thing.
If you walk about 50 metres to the forest park and creek, there's more.

The only reptiles in my backyard at present in any numbers are the Eastern Water Skinks. But on Sunday I ofund a pair of Gex in between some Besser bricks, saw a RBB about three weeks back, and over the years have had GTS and Swamp Snakes. And I won't bore you with the birds..........

:p

Hix

the common copper skinks, marsh frogs, rbb and browns.

I have a colony of mould growing on the bathroom ceiling! coming along nicley! great colors. Green phase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back