What new laws would you make?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would make it against the law for anyone under 6 feet tall and weighing more than 100 kilo to wear Lycra....

Anyone who's name is Justin Bieber, Cody Simpson or Jack Vidgen should'nt be allowed anywhere near a recording studio.

Not sure who Cody is but Justin and Jack have incredible talent. Just because you don't like their music doesn't mean they shouldn't try to showcase their talent. I am sure many people would say the same thing about bands/artists you like.

I am not a fan of either but since I can't i am not going to deny those that can the opportunity to do so. I just won't buy their stuff.

I should add those that can do, those that can't criticise.

A law that wouldn't allow for media, tabloid or otherwise to print whatever they like about people and get away with it. The press has far too much freedom and they are actually protected by law which is why they get away with so much crap. I hate their antics :x

Is it really true? People in the media get sued for liable quite often. If they get information from a source that they refuse to identify they go to jail in certain circumstances.

Just because you might not agree with what the media has to say doesn't mean it is rubbish or false. It is usually an opinion they hold and follow up on. everyone is entitled to an opinion, unfortunately some are in a position to use it to influence others.

A law I would make is to put speed cameras at every traffic light and double fines. then reduce taxes so that all the idiots that can't read 'Speed Camera' can pay all my taxes for me.

Last edited:
I'd make the law that teachers are allowed to shoot kids who clearly don't have enough discipline and respect at home (because the parents didn't get their child license - see first page) - Teacher's would only have to do it once and I bet kids would become a lot better very quickly too!

Is it really true? People in the media get sued for liable quite often. If they get information from a source that they refuse to identify they go to jail in certain circumstances.

Just because you might not agree with what the media has to say doesn't mean it is rubbish or false. It is usually an opinion they hold and follow up on. everyone is entitled to an opinion, unfortunately some are in a position to use it to influence others.

Yes they do occasionally get sued, but it doesn't stop them. I have seen what they do for myself and have researched some of the things they've said which have turned out to be fictional, or partly true, but it's been severely twisted. I've seen for myself how many media outlets report things that have been proven false but years after that they still claim it to be true. Fairness, responsibility and proper fact checking in the press is becoming more and more rare. People are entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts, especially when they're in a position where they can ruin people's lives with what they say. You'll find that in most cases it's about ratings and beating the competition, and they tend not to let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back