Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA LOL Possibly the biggest one liner ever produced on APS by our little friend. Do you have the link to that thread by the way... I never saw what context it was used in.

LOOK AT MY AVATAR..........ITS AN EASTERN BROWN SNAKE ..... what happened to it after you took the pics ?

Either way, it is venomous. I'd be letting that one slide away. Oh, what make everyone think it is a Brown?

ryanharvey: Well, my first thought for it being an Eastern Taipan was the head shape,a nd the light colouring underneath the head, almost yellow in colour, that was my main thought, but as i can see, my first look at it was wrong:)

Brown, no Taipan, no wait it's a Brown, no wait... ah hell, just pick it up, if it has brown blotches on its belly it's a Brown! :p:lol:

P.S. I think it's a Water Python.

Why do so many people think its an eastern brown? What because its brown?

cause its got a light head ? cause its not really brown? .....in reality though the eastern brown and taipan get confused by alot of people so those who thought it was a pan ...dont feel bad ...FNQ would that be a night tiger ?????????lol

Haha, FNQ has a point, that does have the head shape of a Tiger..
What amazes me is how far North out of its range it is!

I can recommend A Complete Guide to Reptiles of Australia by Stephen Wilson and Gerry Swan. If you're interested only in the snakes in your area I can also recommend the Field Guide to Reptiles of Queensland. The pictures and detail are fantastic and both of these books can be purchased through Mike Swan Herp Books. Mike is very helpful and the service is prompt. Not only did we get a call from him to sort out a technical issue with an order within minutes of placing it, but it was on a Sunday!

Pretty sure the snake is a brown, though the resolution isn't the greatest. Since we're giving reasons; the ridge over it's eyes isn't as heavily defined as the Taipans I've seen and the scales behind it's head don't appear to be keeled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back