What to do in and around Darwin.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've bin to the Dolphin and had quite a few, LimBs as well. think they removed the Dolphin in about 91.
I'ts now a funiture shop and has a whole lot of franchises there, like Allmart and Good guys and stuff

Last time I was at the cage they locked the bar with lotsa drunk angry bikies in it. Cops couldn't get in, bikies couldn't get out
and I hid behind the bar.
Was a great day from memory.

I've bin to the Dolphin and had quite a few, LimBs as well. think they removed the Dolphin in about 91.
I'ts now a funiture shop and has a whole lot of franchises there, like Allmart and Good guys and stuff

Last time I was at the cage they locked the bar with lotsa drunk angry bikies in it. Cops couldn't get in, bikies couldn't get out
and I hid behind the bar.
Was a great day from memory.

Well I suppose thats why they called it the cage haha I like the weldmesh over the front of the bar with the slots they used to serve you cans through .

Well I suppose thats why they called it the cage haha I like the weldmesh over the front of the bar with the slots they used to serve you cans through .

Very classy establishment, that's why I was a patron : )

Sounds like my kind of place lol.

Me either, they're disgusting.
I drink in a club, cos once you're a member and on the committee, it's harder to get thrown out.

What do you want to do/ see while you're here?
Well I am going camping in kakadu with a small group of herpers for a couple of days. The rest of the time I will be up there by myself, so mainly just trying to find out what people recommend then make a plan from there. I love reptiles/wildlife so I want to see some of the national parks. I also want to see the war museum, other then that I will see what I can plan.

Maybe start a fight with a Frenchman, they probably surrender like they normally do after the first punch lol.

Still a few "pubs" in Alice and TC, sounds like Darwin's gone all boutique on me:)!

maybe start a fight with a frenchman, they probably surrender like they normally do after the first punch lol.

lol!! Apologies to the French...just stay in France:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am going camping in kakadu with a small group of herpers for a couple of days. The rest of the time I will be up there by myself, so mainly just trying to find out what people recommend then make a plan from there. I love reptiles/wildlife so I want to see some of the national parks. I also want to see the war museum, other then that I will see what I can plan.

Maybe start a fight with a Frenchman, they probably surrender like they normally do after the first punch lol.

I'm only 17km outside of Kakadu so when you go on your herping trips and you don't mind me tagging along let us know. Should be able to get you into Arnhem and around Oenpelli too, aslong as the water is low enough.

I wish i was old enough to have visited the Cage. A few mates had been there as kids with their parents and remember all the cyclone mesh keeping the bikies in. A mates dad told me a story about when someone let a piglet go under the bar and all the pig dogs in patrons utes came running it in and tore it to peices lol.

Darwin of the past though! These days i don't go near a pub except maybe Corrob Tavern after fishing.

Likewise guzzo. I'd rather have a beer on the balcony with the snakes, listen to what I want to hear and watch the sky!

There is a brand spanking new War Museum at East Point, have been to the old one which is great but the new one looks huge
and should be really interesting.

Likewise guzzo. I'd rather have a beer on the balcony with the snakes, listen to what I want to hear and watch the sky!

Down town Darwin at night has become a bit of a dangerous place esp about the clubs...lot of cowardly assaults...unless you are into that sort of thing it is really not worth the trouble...but perhaps I am just getting older and have less tolerance....I'm with Steve on the drinking at home with snakes and listening to music bit

Ha ha ha ha IV. Yes the Buff club is very "boutique" ha ha haha haha .........

Awww Guzz come and have a beer with me at the Buffs, I'll kick your bum on the 40 cents pool tables.

Last edited:

QUOTE]

Does a condition of entry involve having to be a bodybuilder or are you required to enter naked? Or have a buffalo friend that will vouch for you?? I'm assuming "no frogs allowed".

I am happy for a drink but don't like clubbing, that said I don't drink that often. So don't plan on spending the whole time drinking lol

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Yes I know I am a 21yr old male but alcohol isn't a massive part of my life. (that said I did steal a disgusting VB of my brother after I finished the 2 lowenbrau's I had. First day off in a couple of weeks, desperate times desperat measures lol)[/FONT]

Last edited:
Goodonya a, it's a great place. PM if you run out of ideas. I'm coming up for 40 years in the Top End and haven't seen half of it!

And I've seen lots!

Despite my posts to the contrary, I'm only a legend in my own underpants and would much prefer to spend my time out bush and frenchmen scare me:)!

Damn, I was hoping for another laugh from Darlyn's comeback after my comments on the "Buff" club:(?!

QUOTE]

Does a condition of entry involve having to be a bodybuilder or are you required to enter naked? Or have a buffalo friend that will vouch for you?? I'm assuming "no frogs allowed".

You are required to be naked and with a member. I guess if your male you meet the criteria.
I haven't hit any Frenchies I have munched on a few fried ones tho.

Ha ha The Buff Club is a workers club in Stuart park, the thought of the barflies being naked is quite repulsive.

Where are you herping in Kakadu?

Re the French, in my experience they shout a lot but can be calmed with the right combination :)

If you're getting off road we have topo maps. Let us know.

mine did lol.

I got kicked out of the black bar at the Boroloola Pub for being white then I got kicked out of the white bar because I'd been in the black bar. The countrymen were a lot more fun than the cowboys in the white bar. It's shut down now too. Good thing, it was a bloodbath every night.

Last edited:
I got kicked out of the black bar at the Boroloola Pub for being white then I got kicked out of the white bar because I'd been in the black bar. The countrymen were a lot more fun than the cowboys in the white bar. It's shut down now too. Good thing, it was a bloodbath every night.

I had a similar experience once, Steve (the segregated bars thing); Wilcannia Hotel (western NSW) used to have all the furniture bolted to the floor in the Blacks Bar, no grog on display and no pool table. It seems it once had a table, but all the pool balls ended up through windows or out in the street and were the cause of more than one hospital admission, so the table(s) were moved to the more respectable side of the pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back