Whats on your latest music playlist?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beatlloydy

Reaction score
Just thought I would put up a post to see what others are listening to currently (on their IPODs, steroes etc...I dont mean whilst reading this (but o.k if you are reading/listening) but what your current music is over the last few days.

I will start off.

I got the "Day on the Green" triple CD...has some excellent unplugged Aussie classics such as "Bow River" by Mossie, "Errol" by Jame Rayne etc...a real bargain buy from the B52's gig for $20 ..even got it signed by the proclaimers.

New Powderfinger album...this will be another classic by them...I love albums that dont hit you with a catchy pop song immediately but grow on you as you listen a few times..this is destined to be one of them.

Rowland S Howards "Pop Songs"....a former member of Birthday Party/Nick Cave and the Bad seeds....I really love this album...takes me back to early 80's raw material....too bad he passed away recently as he was on a comeback trail...saw him at All Tomorrow's parties gig at Cockatoo Island and he was great..even got his signature on the new album.

Ian Moss's "Soul on West 53rd"...Mossy is a guitar God..won some tickets late last year to see him at the Basement and wasnt disappointed...he said hello to me when I was at the arrivals desk and at first I didnt recognise him...he looks real good for someone who has been around the traps for so long.

Lots of others but these are all on high rotation at the moment.

Iron Maiden and Metallica.

I used to hate this type of music, but since I have grown up and matured (I like to think) a bit, I really like listening to it.

I used to listen to a bit of hip-hop and rap, but back in the day it was all lyrical, nowadays all the hip-pop stars just sing (if thats what you call it) about crap like elevators and umbrella's and edit the **** out of it with computers.

All I listen to at work is 80's music and im only 22. Shows what era made the best music.

highly variable - metal through to country. I generally buy my cds in bulk second hand on eBay from the US (average 100 at a time) most with bands I've never heard of. Get some interesting stuff that way :p

Got a couple of cd's last night from the bands I saw - The Chutes and Run For A Bus. Couple of Brisbane bands.

My music listening and playlists depends on my mood :) Yep I have an Angry playlist!!!

I really liked Iron Maidens DVD "Flight 666"..didnt realise they had so many hits.

Saw Metallica in Oz at BDO in the mid 90's...they rocked the house. It is amazing how much your tastes can change...when I first heard them in early 90's I thought they were too satanic but now have warmed to them...but can't stand some of the gutteral singing from other metal bands like "Lamb of God" but I love their machine gun arpeggio style guitar playing.

currently dirge inferno "force fed lies" and the new dope album "no regrets"
and a little bit of kesha....

Joy Division.

There was a good show on tv last night about Ian Curtis and it rekindled my passion for the band.

[video=youtube;Yry2X-oObds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yry2X-oObds[/video]

lovin this track atm,

rap dance was the bee's knees back in high school like most teens, nowadays you mature to rock heavy metal far better then current hip hop rap which is utter rubbish

janes addiction and infectious grooves would have been last weeks albums of the week,....

just moving all the old cds onto the ipod and lovin it. :p

First time I saw Iron Maiden they were little more than a pub band in the UK with the original singer before they became slightly more commercial, excellent stuff. Do yourself a favour and listen to some Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple, if they are a little too old then Aerosmith :)

I really liked Iron Maidens DVD "Flight 666"..didnt realise they had so many hits.

Really into Deadmau5 and B-Complex and occasionally some Ronald Jenkees

My latest playlist is all Gataka and Morfix, but I guarantee no one on here will know who that is or what sort of music it is, so far no one has any way every time there is a thread like this.
If you're into electronic music you're missing out! Psy trance is the ****! I wasn't even into any electronic music at all before I was introduced to it though, can't get enough of it now.

First time I saw Iron Maiden they were little more than a pub band in the UK with the original singer before they became slightly more commercial, excellent stuff. Do yourself a favour and listen to some Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple, if they are a little too old then Aerosmith :)

I'm older than you think...grew up on all those bands...I classify them as heavy rock....My taste in the various metal bands is more the lighter side tho. Got all the Led Zed albums/videos etc and most of Sabbath and a few Aerosmith.

I'm really a blues man...with a bit of psychadelia thrown in...but actually like most things including classical..probably just not the latest top 40 American RnB and their Australian copy cats tho. (even tho I have to put up with it from time to time with my kids vying for their ipods to be played in the car)

I have always liked trance and hard trance but never listened to psy trance and I listened to Gataka and Morfix and I think I have a new favourite genre :D

My latest playlist is all Gataka and Morfix, but I guarantee no one on here will know who that is or what sort of music it is, so far no one has any way every time there is a thread like this.
If you're into electronic music you're missing out! Psy trance is the ****! I wasn't even into any electronic music at all before I was introduced to it though, can't get enough of it now.

I used to hate this type of music, but since I have grown up and matured (I like to think) a bit, I really like listening to it.

Good on ya, mate! The world needs more metalheads.

For me it's been Iron Maiden, Cradle Of Filth, Immortal, bit of Metallica and Black Sabbath.

currently chilling to a bit of five finger death punch, stonesour, system of a down and a bit of korn now (lol seeing the human faced sheep reminded me of the dogs in the word up film clip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back