When to pip?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jinin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I used the search function but couldn't really find anything on when to Pip dragon eggs.
I have 17 Pygmy Bearded Dragon eggs, 7 of which are fully hatched and out of the egg another 2 are soaking up their yolk. The rest have left the grey stretch marks on the shell of the egg and others have left no sign of trying to get out of the egg. I am just wondering when i should pip them and if i should pip them?

Im just worried this season because last season all bar 3 of the babies in the eggs tried to break the egg but couldn't because the egg was too hard due to lack of humidity creating a harder egg shell, I could tell because they had the stretch marks and where fully formed in the egg when i cut it open, but dead. I increased the amount of water added this season for that very reason. The stretch marks on the egg have been there from last night and still none of broken through? Should i pip them now?

sadly guys the others haven't decided to come out yet, how long should I give them? I would have expected them to come out within an hour or 2 but yet nothing, my guess is they are dead, they are fully formed but dead. Im not giving up im just expecting the worst.

What a bummer, you never know they may just be taking their time, don't give all hope up yet.

Nah, I will give them a few days - a week. The eggs as I said where stretched and some where even broken but their head was still inside the egg, others where just crumpled in as if they where about to hatch(Only occurred yesterday so it was not humidity).

oh bugger, well my thoughts are if they dont smelly rotten theres still hope,...good luck!!

I recommend not pipping eggs, so that those without an egg tooth don't go on to reproduce lines that aren't self-pipping. It also eliminates the weaker ones without you having to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back