which heated ceramic bulb and UVB for bearded dragon?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

banana_loki

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm wondering which heated ceramic bulb and UVB should I use for a babies bearded dragons? I know for some one of you will be a stupid question, but will be the first time that I have bearded dragons and I want to give them a perfect life. the terrarium is 50x30x38

10% UVB, needs to be no more than 30cm away.
Use a white light basking bulb for the basking area. Ceramic can be used for ambient heat only.
Your enclosure is too small, it needs to be 3ft minimum for one adult.

Pretty tiny enclosure, probably OK for a little baby beardie up to about 6 months old. Most people use enclosures about 120cmL x 60cmW x 50cmT for single adult beardie.

A spot lamp will give the correct basking temp (about 40degC) and a gradient from mid30s to a min 24degC.

10% UVB + about the same UVA for 12 - 14hr/day as close as practical to encourage eating and good metabolisation of dietary calcium and good health, UV falls away in intensiity quite rapidly as the distance from the tube or globe increases.

Some people use CHEs to give their beardies some warmth at night if they live in cold areas others put sandwiched heatpads in their beardie enclosures for the same reason.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm wondering which heated ceramic bulb and UVB should I use for a babies bearded dragons? I know for some one of you will be a stupid question, but will be the first time that I have bearded dragons and I want to give them a perfect life. the terrarium is 50x30x38
Pretty hard to get a hot spot of 40 Celsius and a cool spot below 25 in a tank that small.

thanks guys, I know the tank is too small, but it is just for babies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back