Woma poop

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rvan393

Reaction score
Just found this forum, and obviously this is my first post. I have a 2 1/2 year old female Woma that I have had for a little over a year. She eats a small rat ever 7 days, and is around 1000g.

The thing I was wondering is it normal for a woma to not poop for 2-3 weeks. And when she does ths poop is identical to my 7lb dog. The last one was 3/8 round a 4 inches long, and 2 of them. Definately not like all the other snakes I have had, with the bird poop mixture.

She is in a 4x2x2 enclosure and is very active, and shows no signs of any issues. Is this normal or something I should worry about, or something different I should do?

Thanks in advance.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is your Woma being "very active". Womas like other pythons are ambush predators which spend the vast majority of their time not moving. If a python is very active other than during specific times like searching for mates, it means there's a problem.

My female Woma is quite active and she is fine, she is an escape artist too. As for the Poo Question, the bigger the food, the bigger the Poo. I give her a medium Rat to keep her weight under control, I have a Murray Daling as well and he gets an extra Large Rat as does my Jungle. I have increased the days to feed them to two weekly and they seem happy with that. My Woma is in a 1200 wide enclosure so she has room to stretch out in.

Back