Acrochordus arafurae

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvsmyreptiles

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a pair of Arafura File Snakes.

When i first saw one, i thought it was hideous, but for some reason or other they have grown on me.

What is everyone else's opinions on these fascinating snakes?

Once I pay dad back the money I owe, and buy a car, there will be a pair in my room.

Beware, as soon as you get them, NPWS are on your door...especially considering the head honcho lives in Toowoomba.

Rare animals. They like to come and have a look for their enjoyment more than anything else.

But I will welcome them in, show them everything they want to see, I'm a bit disapointed I haven't been checked in the 3 years I've had my licence...

Little fileys are sooo ugly that they are cute - I really like these little fellas!

whats the go with the no import into victoria on these fellas.... id love some but cant get them apparently does anyone know the reasoning behind that

They are so ugly that they are cute. Sorta like pug dogs.
They are on my list too but theres a couple of things in front of them yet.

I'd definately have these little beauties if it weren't for the import ban :( Just hasn't been added to the Victorian list yet. Would probably be added after some lobbying, probably about 20 years worth of lobbying and they'd start thinking about it :)

how do ya keep fileys like so they come to the sufcace to breath do ya heat them like tropical fish and how do they shed

You have to have something that they can anchor themselves to (like a log) so they can come up to the surface to breathe easily.
As for sheds....I dunno....you'd never have to soak them I guess.

Just make sure the humidity is correct and keep their water bowl full :) No problem with mites though and you can quarantine them in the bath :)

I'm organizing a large fish tank at the moment and i am slowly building it up.
Iluvs where were you thinking of purchasing from.
I have only really seen them for sale at Snakes NT.
Would love the little file snake.
Good luck with it all and let us know if ya end up getting some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back