Ants in his Pants

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simesy75

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello just a quick one. Just built a new cage for Floyd. Did the right think and aired the cage before putting him in for 2weeks and then re-disinfected before using it. but some how i have some tiny ants in the enclosure.

I know they are not mites of termites but i need to get rid of them. is there anything i can safely spray or use in the enclosure with him in there or do i need to remove him while treating.

The reason i ask is because i would need to rewire the old cage (used the lights in the new cage) again while removing him which would be a big job that i would rather not do. (will do if i have to but rather not).

you can use Top Of Descent. or TOD to spray out the enclosure but you will need to take Floyd out of the enclosure.

you take the snake, the water bowl and the substrate out and give the enclosure a really good spray, let it stand then wipe it down.

hope it helps.

You can leave the reptile in the cage, but don't spray directly on the reptile, as long as you have plenty of ventilation, with TOD.

Sell the snake and get a Moloch, he'll love the ants. ; )

easier solution for killing ants if you don't have TOD on hand is a few drops of dishwashing liquid in a spray bottle full of water will kill ants pretty good. just spray them with a bit and leave them for a while then just wipe them up

You can leave the reptile in the cage, but don't spray directly on the reptile, as long as you have plenty of ventilation, with TOD.

Take out any water source that is in the cage out if you leave him in. TOD is fine on the skin but not if it is ingested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back