Blue tongue with kink in tail

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
Sorry guys posted in the wrong place,

I'm worried about my blue tongue lizard's tail, because its got a bad kink near the end of its tail.

I think it might have a fracture in it, but not sure. Anyone think they might know whats wrong with her tail?

Could be any number of things but without a picture, it is very hard to tell. Regardless of the source, it is probably nothing to worry about on the premise there is no open wound. Blue tongues are the toughest, most indestructible little fellows.

Here's some pics of her tail...I think its a fracture but not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_3540.jpg
    IMG_3540.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3541.jpg
    IMG_3541.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 88
I can't really see the kink but its probably just an old injury or even if its a recent one, it won't be a negative influence.

okay thanks for that Sarah...Just worried if that bit of her tail will fall off.

I completely agree with everyone else. Bluetongues are pretty much bomb-proof. However, just as a precaution in case it indeed is a recent injury, i would definitely make sure its getting plenty of calcium and UVB.

Hey, had a look at the pictures on my PC as I was browsing from my phone before. I would say it's just a kink in the tail, do you think it's a recent injury or just something you have overlooked? I am doubtful the tail would drop considering it's such a small kink and their seems to be no wound or open injury.

Its an old injury, its been like that for a few months now...I'm pretty sure its from a bad shed. Just don't want anything happening to my baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back