Bluey drinking excessively(?)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sneeze

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all

After some advice after noticing our blue tongue lizard (Sneeze) is drinking quite a large amount of water this morning. As we have not seen him do this before I was wondering if this is normal. Obviously we will keep a close watch on him for any other signs that may indicate he is unwell. I'm also aware that Sneeze may have done this before but we have just not been around to witness it. To add to my uneasiness is the fact that Sneeze also hissed at my son this morning and he has never done this in the two years we have owned him. My son was not even handling Sneeze - the lizard was in his tank at the time.

Do blue tongues drink excessively before a shed maybe? He has also walked away from his food this morning but this may not be related as he is a typical kid who sometimes turns his nose up at his veges and would rather mince or banana! (Personally I would rather a good glass of red!)

I have a bit of a record with having a pet become unwell on public holidays and would hate to be finding appropriate care for Sneeze on Xmas day. I would rather take him for a check up in the next week if others think the drinking thing is of concern.

Cheers.

No concern, They stumble upon their water bowl and drink a tonne and then wont drink for half a week then they will do the same they rarely just have a small drink. always remember that most reps are opportunistic eaters and drinkers. If they find it they'll have their full just in case they dont find any for a while.

Thank you - you have put my mind at ease. Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back