breeding dogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perez

Reaction score
hey guys i have a female golden english cockerspanial...
i wanted to breed her this year.....she is 4 and i was wodering on what id need to do to get started...im going to the vet soon for tests and stuff but in your experience where do i start..

thanks in advance

Don't breed her unless you are planning on becoming a registered (and responsible) breeder.. There are far too many backyard breeders around, and the RSPCA alone puts down over 20,000 dogs a year. Don't contribute to that please.

if she is papered pedigree take the paperwork to the canine control council and register her there.
then get her hips scored at the local vet. make sure she has no bad traits. and try and find a partner. try dogzonline or advertise. make sure of the partners papers are true and they will expect a dog from the litter or the money equivalent. canine control council rules on breeding must be stuck too. contact them, it is a dick around but well worth it in the end.

Breeding

Do you want to breed to make money?
Do you want to breed her so she has at least had a litter?
Have you had her x-rayed (i.e. hips)?
Have you had full injections?
Have you registered her with the relevant people (not just council but KCC)?

If you have answered No to any of these questions then don't do it.

If the dog is a proven show dog, which I doubt, as you would'nt be asking the question in the first place if she was.

I'm with the people above. There are way too many people breeding dogs and the majority are left and neglected and end up on doggy death row.

The majority of backyard breeders are only breeding for the money and all they are really contributing to is ongoing dog health issues through bad breeding practices.

Don't breed her unless you are planning on becoming a registered (and responsible) breeder.. There are far too many backyard breeders around, and the RSPCA alone puts down over 20,000 dogs a year. Don't contribute to that please.

here here :)

Hi, there is so many cocker spaniels out there already, ask your self why you want to breed? will you be able to keep all the puppies if you have too? will you be able to affored a c - section if needed? will you be able to supply the mum and pups with the bedst care / food ? (take into account you have to triple and then some the bitches food)? are you willing to hand raise the puppies if need? do you have homes already lined up for them?

if so find a suitable stud dog who has EXPERIENCED handlers that COMPLIMENTS your bitch.

there is so much more than putting two dogs together and gettings puppies, timing is important and there is a LOT of risks and things that can go wrong, is it worth maybe loosing your bitch over it??

then you'll need :
whelp box
heat box
gloves
disenfectent
vet after hours number
gloves
string
blankets
car full of petrol incase you need to get to the vet
puppy cage

and LOTS more

also be prepared to have NO sleep a bitch and pupipes shouldnt be left alone for atleast the 1st 4 weeks
then after that they are a real handful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back