BUYERS BEWARE. How to report someone to DERM?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kah.

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I'm aware of a dodgy seller (who is up to her old tricks on this forum so buyers beware!) who basically buys pythons cheap and then resells them straight away simply to make a profit. Disregarding the 6 month waiting period (lucky if there's even a weeks waiting period!)

I had first hand experience where i sold her a beautiful pet python at a giveaway as she had shedding problems and i didn't care about the money, simply to see her to go to someone with more time who could give her the attention she needed...
I then saw my dear pet up for sale again a week later for Way more than what she was sold for, and also saying she was a healthy snake with the Occasional bad shed! This was infuriating!
This seller also uses her 'brothers' licence number, which she does not bring along with her when buying and selling.

This Brisbane seller is now selling a lot on this forum so i just want buyers out there to be aware and always ask to SEE a licence, also to have your own movement advices and not to leave it up to the other person just in case you never hear from them again...

I'm not quite sure what else to do? Naming and Shaming I'm sure would just cause said person to keep trading on other websites under a different name (but would be happy to name to moderators so they can keep an eye on her). So I'm thinking I should report her to DERP to investigate? How would one go about this? Anyone had any experience in doing this?

So what happens to any of us here that are thinking of buying off this site .There are quiet a few females selling on here how are we to know who to trust or not trust .

buy off a reputable seller. Ask around and see who is recomended. It does make it hard for the little guys

So what happens to any of us here that are thinking of buying off this site .There are quiet a few females selling on here how are we to know who to trust or not trust .

PM the OP for the details of the person.

this sounds like the wort of thing some one i have had the unplesentness to knowing, a canadian bloke who dose the same sort of thing, he was a real pain in the clakker, and even tryed once to get a pet hand raised parrot off of one of my friends, it was her son's bird and he loved it to bits but this bloke would not get the hit that it was NOT for sale.

he also peddled reptiles, and even hand a number of wild caught animals,
needless to say EPA is already on the case of this person.

but it is a crying shame that people whoul do that sort of thing

being the location and that its female i can hazzard a guess as to who you are talking about i know people that have bought socalled healthy snakes off her only to speent a fortune on vet bulls she rarelt gives movement advices i belive.

unfortunatly there isnt alot that can be done other then those who get jibbed by her take it to small claims and the epa ect...

eventually she will end up in alot of trouble or jib the wrong kind of person who will settle there discretion personally

loonytoon i like your way of thinking and believe me they will do it to the wrong person one day and we can all sit back and smile at the ones who bring a bad name to our lifestyle (hobby)

yep its a simple fact of life if u keep shafting people sooner or latter your gonna get the wrong person

i cant see why there shouldnt be a name and shame page even if its controlled by the mods atleast it will help the new people like myself know who to buy from and who to stay clear of

dose this site have a "trader feedback" page?
i know a lot of froums do have that wort of thing.

yes it has however i belive that negative feedback is usually taken away by the mods or atlest it was lastime this person (if its the same 1) shafted somebody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back