Can I use leftover pinky mice for my 2 year old children’s python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isaiah

Reaction score
First off I want to know if I should be feeding my snake a bigger mice or should I switch him to small rats?

He is a very good eater and has never missed a feed since I got him 4 months ago. He was recently on 1 weaner mice every 10 days, but after noticing how chubby he was getting, I decided to up him to 14 days. Idk if I made the right call on this one but I attached a photo of my snake for you guys to see.

I have 8 extra pinky mice I had from a previous baby snake I no longer have, and just want to know if I can use them for my children’s python.

He is about 1 metre and 145 grams. His weaner mice he eats are 13 grams each.

The 8 leftover pinky mice are 3 grams each. I just need to know how I should go about feeding my children’s python these pinky mice.

Should I feed him 2 pinky mice every week (adding up to 12 grams of food each fortnight) until i finish all 8 pinky mice? That’s my plan so far for next fortnight’s feed.

Just want to know if that’s the right decision. Thanks!

Here’s a better pic of my snake

Attachments

• IMG_4148.jpeg
    IMG_4148.jpeg
    2.3 MB
  • IMG_4176.jpeg
    IMG_4176.jpeg
    1.2 MB
  • IMG_4188.jpeg
    IMG_4188.jpeg
    1.6 MB
thats such a small amount of food, i'd be surprised if it even takes them. pinkies are for animals weighing 5-20g at most.

I'd be feeding the rest of the weaners and bumping up to atleast 20g feeds monthly

I would use up the pinkies if you have no plans for other snakes, 1 pinky and 1 weaner each feed . No point feeding 2 pinkies instead of weaner because pinkies have bugger all nutrition, they are only starter food. If you don't use the pinkies they are just wasted food, or if you know someone with a baby just pass them along

Back